V4 Wish List
 1-20  …  141-160  161-180  181-200  201-220  221-240  …  561-574

Previous
Next
6925.181 In reply to 6925.178 
Hi Maciek,

re:
> I just don't want to buy v3 just before v4. One more question.Will be possible to buy beta with free upgrade to final?
> Or it will be just possible to buy the final version?

Sorry no the beta version won't be set up for sale on it's own, it will just be available to existing users. For buying v4 you'd have to wait until the final version is ready. I don't really have any good idea when that will be, it depends a lot on how the beta release goes.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.182 In reply to 6925.181 
Thank you for the answer Micheal.
All the best
-Maciek
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.183 In reply to 6925.181 
Hi Michael,
I was wondering if you have an eta for v4 beta ?

Thanks
Can
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.184 In reply to 6925.183 
Hi Can,

re:
> I was wondering if you have an eta for v4 beta ?

Sorry no specific target date quite yet. It's not too far off though, probably something like 2-3 months. But of course if you asked me 2 or 3 months ago I would have probably thought the same thing.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael, would it be possible for the next version to install an improved FBX export function to pass the object names to Keyshot correctly?

- moritz
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.186 In reply to 6925.185 
Hi Moritz, yes in V4 I do want to improve the FBX exporter to include object names and material assignments.

For now if you use .obj format instead for going into Keyshot, those will come through.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.187 In reply to 6925.186 
Hi Michael, thanks for the quick reply. I'm already looking forward to the new version. That will definitely be a bang
- moritz
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.188 In reply to 6925.187 
Hi Moritz, just to clarify - that's something I want to improve during the v4 beta period. I don't expect to have that done for the very first v4 beta release though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.189 In reply to 6925.188 
Hi Michael,

Also adding to this wish list would it be possible when exporting a part from a multi part object or just selected object that the file name picks up from the selection this would make a very handy feature in handling assemblies and say exporting out separate STEP files for manufacture and not manually naming a part the wrong name.

Look forward to new release.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Message 6925.190 deleted 1 Mar 2017 by FRACTIONALIST

Previous
Next
At last~! The Moi3d GUI is now - PERFECT in all its glory:

Nevertheless - would like an OPTION CHECKBOX where, if I choose, the folders will ALL REMAIN OPEN instead of 'one-at-a-time' -

Included are the LIGHTING OPTIONS & every custom script~!

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.192 In reply to 6925.191 
Hi Ced,

re:
> Nevertheless - would like an OPTION CHECKBOX where, if I choose, the folders will
> ALL REMAIN OPEN instead of 'one-at-a-time' -

They will remain open if you have enough vertical space available to show them all at the same time. You'll only get the "one at a time" type behavior if your monitor is not tall enough to display them without showing a scroll bar.

The down side to the arrangement you have set up there is that just the titles of the palettes are now taking up more vertical space than if you had some combined like in the regular default interface. With the default interface you'd be more likely to be able to have maybe 2 stay open at a time.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.193 In reply to 6925.189 
Hi Alex,

> Also adding to this wish list would it be possible when exporting a part from a multi
> part object or just selected object that the file name picks up from the selection this
> would make a very handy feature in handling assemblies and say exporting out
> separate STEP files for manufacture and not manually naming a part the wrong name.

It could be possible to make a script to do this in v3. The only complication is determining which directory to use for the file.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.194 In reply to 6925.193 
That would be great - what about just exporting to the directory the parent file is in. Would it be possible if you had a large assembly with multiple objects selected to be exported as seperate files in their respective names?

thanks again.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.195 In reply to 6925.194 
Hi Alex, could you give some more detail on what you mean by the parent file? Do you mean something like a STEP file that you imported into MoI (which would be difficult since that filename is not stored anywhere currently), or do you mean a 3DM file that you have opened?

> Would it be possible if you had a large assembly with multiple objects selected to be
> exported as seperate files in their respective names?

Do you mean you would want the file export dialog to pop up for every named object with that name as the default, or do you mean it would just do the export without bringing up any file dialogs at all?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

Here is a typical file that I work with an Assembly which I used to build in SOLIDWORKS and now I put these together in MOI in much quicker time design and part creation. The parts contained get output as STEPs. The tube work goes to tube laser cutters and they use STP and the sheetmetal goes to the sheetmetal guys and they use STP also.

I currently export out each part individually and name as I go. I usually create a PARTs folder in the same folder that the master assembly 3dm file sits in. From there I email the supplier the parts they require. I also use the cutlist script to create a BOM Bill of Materials but I guess as you get closer to V4 and file instances become possible It maybe better handled then to get a list of files contained and how many times they have been used. Currently the CUTLIST script does OK job but sometimes gets confused with duplicate same name parts.

MOI maybe small and nimble but it packs a punch in CAD arena I work with other SOLIDWORKS guys and they cant work how I detail projects so quickly and have to say its due to MOI - I can conceptualise and problem solve at a very fast rate.

Many thanks
Alex.
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Wish list: Tool Tips!

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael,

Just a request to KEEP the export to SketchUp you currently have. It's a life saver and pretty much impossible to duplicates without extreme effort if importing the same OBJ into SU.

I'm working on several VR workshop gigs as well as working with China on a Design and Innovation Center where I will be teaching much of the VR pipeline I'm currently building. MoI is a key part of it as it's super NURBS -> SU is a key component and would hate to lose it in case you were thinking it's outdated. Thanks for putting it in!

:-)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.199 In reply to 6925.198 
or keep name for have different versions of SU Export! ;)
Export_SU8 (?) (I don't remember exactly what was the last format of Su export by Michael !
export_SU2015
etc...in general have a low version is better for a more large audience! ;)
SU V6 format is enough for quasi all things! ;)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.200 In reply to 6925.196 
Hi Alex, please try the attached script for your named file exports. Instructions for installing a plug-in command script here.

To use it, select your named objects then run that command. It will write out a separate .stp file for each group of named objects.

Hope that's what you were looking for!

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  …  121-140  141-160  161-180  181-200  201-220  221-240  241-260  …  561-574