Bleuprint for common objet

Next
hello

I learned 3D by myself, and I have, so far, created some objets using Moi3D (the best software on earth).
Now, I would like create a complete room, and I've got a question.

How people know some basics informations as a door heigt, laptop thickness...

I've seen blueprints on many websites for specific objet (plan, boat...) but not so much for common objets.
Do people take 3 photos (top/face/side) of objets, should I train to be able to create a 3D model from a single perspective picture (found on "google image") ?

As far as blueprints are concerned, When you create 2 objets from two blueprints, how do you adjust there size, because a chair is not the same size as a plane.

Thanks for any advises.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3655.2 In reply to 3655.1 
Hi PP,

> How people know some basics informations as a door
> heigt, laptop thickness...

Well, you can always use a tape measure and make a measurement yourself.

A lot of times you should be able to make a pretty good guess at some common measurements too though. Like for example you would know that a door is going to be taller than your own height, but not twice as tall as your own height... And a laptop is not going to be a foot thick, more like 1 inch thick.

If you do want to be exact, then you would want to do some measuring or use some blueprints that have dimensions labeled on them where it shows the heights and sizes of the stuff in the blueprint.

> Do people take 3 photos (top/face/side) of objets, should I
> train to be able to create a 3D model from a single perspective
> picture (found on "google image") ?

Some people might do that, but it kind of tends to be difficult to judge size just on a single perspective image. You can get fooled kind of easily about sizes because of the perspective foreshortening effect where objects that are further away are smaller in the image.

> As far as blueprints are concerned, When you create
> 2 objets from two blueprints, how do you adjust there
> size, because a chair is not the same size as a plane.

Well if you have built each object to its own proper scale, then you don't actually have to adjust their size because you've already created them at the proper size.

But if you need to change the size of an object there are a few different ways you can do it - you can select it in one of the 2D viewports and grab the scaling handle and drag it, see here for some information:
http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#editframe

Another way is to use the Properties panel - that's a panel in the upper-right corner of the window that shows some information about the selected object, including its bounding size. If you click the bounding size line a little menu will pop out which will allow you to edit the bounding size to change it. There's some information on that here:
http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#propertiespanel

In addition to that there's also a "Scale" command on the Transform tab which can be used to alter the size of objects, see here for a description of that:
http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/moi_command_reference8.htm#scale

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3655.3 In reply to 3655.2 
I'll try to use a tape measure as much as possible. I'll experiment, that's the best way to learn.
Maybe I can get a good result with a few tape measure for the mains distance and then, set sizes approximatively.

Thanks for the answer.
Thanks for your great software.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3655.4 In reply to 3655.3 
Hi PP,

> Maybe I can get a good result with a few tape measure for
> the mains distance and then, set sizes approximatively.

That seems like a good plan. You might measure just some of the largest things and then once those are set up it would then be easier to have other many of the other things judged just visually.

You'll probably find that it will get easier to make approximations as you do it more. If you don't feel confident about any particular thing then you can make a measurement.

Let me know if you get stuck on how to change an object's size.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All