Mike's bike

Next
Hi guys:this thread derives from -Majik utility box challenge-
(http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5119.1 )
i choosed to not continue there but open a new one
because this is a development and a joining of Mike's box and my bike posted some time ago
(http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5039.1)
Like i told in my bike's thread,after modeled i needed to insert it somewhere to compose an image
inspiration came from two old users that i consider "columns" of this forum:Pilou and Burr
Mike is the "third column" or....:the "third vertex of Moi's trinity"...
I had an idea but i didn't find something to start.When Mike posted his utility box...my Moi's bulb turned on !
Who have visited Mike's website know that his main passion is radioamateur,so:
i got a bike+a radio transmitter=i put the transmitter on the bike obtaining a MOBILE RADIO STATION !
These are bad times for all of us and i'm a supporter of alternative energies (i hope oil will finish soon or later)
so i decided to make an ECO-GREEN version,mounting two solar panels on the bike....
i know..it's a weird idea.In good faith i believed that was too weird but after a little search on the web i discovered a guy that mounted an antenna on his bike
than i did it.
------------------
Technical sheet made by a Moi's screeshot exploded view illustrated with Inkscape

Photobucket

Solar panels and handlebar radio's bracket.
Idea is to use all inner triangual part of frame that is always empty,so i modeled a triangular solar panel,but the cells can't be triangular,just squared i think,so forgive me...it's an "artistic license"

Photobucket

Radiotransmitter mounted on the handlebar derived from Mike's box.I did the microphone

Photobucket

Rear radio antenna + batteries and inverter(also derived from top part Mike's box,scaled and arranged)

Photobucket

Radio devices mounted on the bike

Photobucket

Photobucket

a shot from a GREEN FIELD DAY
i don't know exactly where is this place..surely somewhere at the Tropics
it's not just a radioamateur meeting but also for MOIDELIZERS:you can see Burr's surfboard on the left(he always teach us how to ride the wawes)
close to his board there are some Mike's boxes and on the top a good bottle of wine and baguettes that Pilou taked from France
sorry i'm not on the photo(someone must sacrifice himself and do the shot...)

Photobucket
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5170.2 In reply to 5170.1 
Respect.......... Really great art work...
Which render did you used here??

Peace,
Rich_Art. ;-)

| C4DLounge.eu | Our Dutch/Belgium C4D forum. |
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5170.3 In reply to 5170.1 
Hi

for the solar panels, you should have only complete squares. If the small photovoltaïc receptor are cropped, it may mess up the voltage and lower efficiency.

http://www.solarcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/soliar-car.jpg
http://spectrum.ieee.org/energywise/energy/renewables/a_day_at_the_solar

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Tib:
thanks for confirming my suspects (i told before in the post...consider this engineering error like an "artistic license" )

------

Hi Rich:
I have used same engine (Randomcontrol Fryrender)i attached screenshot scene below.You can see how raw image appared after 4 hours computation
it's good yet,just retouched adding AO , improve contrast ect.Scene managed in C4D 10.5(we still waiting for R12-13 plug-in)
Background plants from X-Frog Tropical library
Scene weight in C4D=200 Mb using clones instead of copies when replying objects
Total polygons scene's=1.920.000
Below Ambient occlusion scene,so you can see all real objects and little micro-poly displacement for the grass

Photobucket

Hey Rich....i'd like to see your wire-fetish version of Mike's utility box challenge...c'mon!!

EDITED: 25 Mar 2021 by M-DYNAMICS

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
(Coughing and gasping noises.... breeeath....)
=-o

M-Dynamics! I'm completely floored right now, and incredibly flattered.
This amazing concept envisioning of yours has encompassed at least two or three aspects that are important to me:

3D design, Radios, Field Day... And of course, who can resist solar power and bikes? :-)

Really good job on both the rendering and the engineering! Fry-Render does a fantastic job with the occlusion shadow content and the lighting.

Also by the way, the addition of a solar-powered HF radio station is a good plus for our radio club's Field Day this year. And we'll also earn contest points from the ARRL for hosting such a station.
As club vice president for our city, I set up the speakers and programs for the monthly business meetings. Two of the meetings in the last year were exclusively focused on solar power radio operation. For emergency communications, solar is becoming a viable solution.

Yes, you can't cut the squares, but you can either use round ones, and they do make them smaller. Plus, there are film-type photo-voltaic cells in development by some manufacturer that promise to be shape-able.

Our club also handles safety and communications for many local bike tours and races. I follow a handful of 100 & 200 mile races during the year.
My fondest years were where my exclusive mode of transport were my mountain bikes. But I was skinny then and my heart was still good. :-)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5170.6 In reply to 5170.4 
Thanks for the explanation Mike. :-)

RE wire fetish: I would love to show a wire version but I'm a bit short an free time at the moment.

By the way, I did a nice Solar panel shader for C4D. (I won a challenge with it on C4DCafe)

The shader can be downloaded on my site or at C4DCafe.

Peace,
Rich_Art. ;-)
Attachments:

Image Attachments:
Size: 152.1 KB, Downloaded: 19 times, Dimensions: 800x600px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5170.7 In reply to 5170.6 
...winning a challenge on C4D Cafè is a great prize,considering high level of that site:congratulations!
please post exact link of your shader,i can't found it.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5170.8 In reply to 5170.7 
Great stuff m-dynamics... You sacrificed yourself to take the picture, but your fingerprints are all over it.... Top notch...

Thanks for including me in it. Spicoli lives!!!!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5170.9 In reply to 5170.7 

| C4DLounge.eu | Our Dutch/Belgium C4D forum. |
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5170.10 In reply to 5170.1 
Hi Mauro, really cool - I think you've really surprised Mike! :)

I love how the bike's "wings" unfold in the sun, it makes it look like they are happy soaking up the warmth...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All