Grouping objects together
All  1  2-4

Previous
Next
4111.2 In reply to 4111.1 
Hi Mark, no MoI does not have exactly the same thing as a Rhino group yet, but it is something that I do plan on working on for MoI v3.

In the meantime though, there is a mechanism called "object names" that you can use - if you give the same name to several objects then you can select them all together by using the scene browser entry for that item - click on the name text in the scene browser to do selection.

Some more info on the scene browser here:
http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#scenebrowser

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Yes, I also am a fan of grouping :)

Often I find I want to name individual components of an object, so I can't name them all the same thing (and thus have to select them individually lol)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4111.4 In reply to 4111.3 
Hi NightCabbage, yeah grouping will be useful as it will give you another possible channel of information to use for organizing things in addition to object names, and the plan is for it to allow for hierarchy as well like parent and child containers.

Right now there are 2 channels available though: object names and styles which you can apply separately to objects. So if you want to use object names for individual object tags, you could then use Styles as a multi-object grouping mechanism in addition to that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-4