Script for a Helix found - but how to use?
All  1-8  9-11

Previous
Next
Hi,
I cannot go on further.
I made the helix and swept an elipse.
But my intention is that the base elipse is small and the ending elipse much bigger, about 5x. Pointy End or Start is not what does work for me.
I worked with the sweep function and I saw that there is a scaling rail function integrated. But no idea how to use it?
Do you have a link for me to some scaling rail tuts?

Cheers, Lara
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8185.10 In reply to 8185.9 
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8185.11 In reply to 8185.9 
Hi Lara, a scaling rail is going to be difficult to use along a helix, the scaling rail is really meant to be used on a planar rail curve with the scaling rail in the same plane as the path curve. There are some examples in the help topic for sweep.

For making a tapered sweep from a small ellipse into a larger one, you can use 2 profile curves for the sweep, a small ellipse at the bottom and a large ellipse at the top. Then before you do the sweep select both of those as profile curves.

You can also use "auto place" mode for the sweep where you put the 2 ellipses down on the construction plane away from the rail (make sure it's outside of the bounding box around the rail) and sweep will automatically place them for you, like this:

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-8  9-11