Whats going to be MOI 3d v4

Next
How it looks like v4, more commands then the v3 I suppose and the orientation of pull down menus to accommodate the working area. I hope that the orientation of the viewpoint UCS must be there too to work more smoothly in some cases. I like to see the ortho faces of the object that you are working for more details in some areas.

I hope to see that the parametric commands must be include in MOI 3D. They are helpful to make things perfect when you deals with mechanical parts. Can you incorporate the Solid editing in MOI 3D to help the artist or designers to edit their own 3D objects in place. I like to see if it possible to have the facility to print their own 3D models in 2D layouts or 3D printing. I like to see the function of Plug-ins instead of using the shortcut key for the scripts commands and it is more easy for the users.

I like to see the introduction of copyright to our designs to avoid theft of 3D objects.

I know that the MOI 3D v4 is going to be easy to use and helpful use-full tools for the Artist and Designers and users like me.

I am proud that I bought your product and I already learn a lot from the forum that some users sharing a lot of ideas and how to fixed problems to the 3D models.

What ever is going to be hope that the tools can continue gives challenge to the users to explore the beauty of MOI 3D.

Thanks again and hope to see the first image of MOI 3D v4 soon.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8028.2 In reply to 8028.1 
Hi Ray, I'm glad that you are liking MoI and the forum!

Right now I'm doing a major rewrite of MoI for version 4 and the initial goal of the rewrite is to get a 64-bit version and a native Mac compile. Once those goals are met then I will be seeing about what other new features I can add. This is a major effort and is still underway and I'm not sure yet when it will be complete.

> and the orientation of pull down menus to accommodate the working area.

Could you please describe this a bit more? I don't understand how changing the orientation of pull down menus would have any effect on the working area - the menus in MoI disappear after you pick something on them so they should normally not obscure the working area at all.

> I hope that the orientation of the viewpoint UCS must be there too to work more smoothly in
> some cases. I like to see the ortho faces of the object that you are working for more details
> in some areas.

UCS positioning is already included in MoI v3, you can access it through the View > CPlane command, see here for more details: http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_command_reference5.htm#cplane . You can do things like set the CPlane onto a planar face of an object, which will cause the Top, Front, and Right views to temporarily reorient so they are relative to that face so you can work locally on that area as if it were aligned to the world axes.

> I hope to see that the parametric commands must be include in MOI 3D. They are helpful to
> make things perfect when you deals with mechanical parts.

This is something that I'd like to add in the future but it will involve a lot of work including a lot of UI design work (which is time consuming for MoI) and so I'm not sure when it will happen.

> Can you incorporate the Solid editing in MOI 3D to help the artist or designers to edit their own 3D objects in place.

I think this is more likely to happen sooner than parametrics.

> I like to see if it possible to have the facility to print their own 3D models in 2D layouts or
> 3D printing.

MoI already supports 3D printing by exporting to STL format, any 3D printer driver software or printing service will accept that format for printing. I would like to add more stuff for 2D output in the future but for now you can do 2D prints by exporting to PDF format and printing the PDF file, or also you can export to DXF format for import into a 2D CAD program such as Draftsight for doing 2D drawings.

> I like to see the function of Plug-ins instead of using the shortcut key for the scripts
> commands and it is more easy for the users.

I do want to improve the UI for setting up shortcut keys in the future - it has not been a priority so far because users only spend a small amount of time setting up shortcut keys as compared to actually drawing and modeling things and it has been difficult to justify spending a lot of effort in an area that is only rarely used.

> I like to see the introduction of copyright to our designs to avoid
> theft of 3D objects.

I don't have any idea how this would be possible, could you describe any details of how this would work?

Thanks very much for your feedback!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8028.3 In reply to 8028.2 
Hi Michael,

I am so happy what you told me regarding the Solid Editing commands that you consider it very important to be including into MOI 3D v4.

I notice a lot of important commands into MOI 3D folder command not including on the UI and if someone needs to used them first needs to put them on the shortcuts keys and then used them. It is not practical for me, I think its a waist of time. If you include them on a pull down menu, everybody can reach them understand. I so a lot of users using this system on MOI 3D. I like to know how to include them on my MOI 3D when I need them. Could you tell me how please?

Could you include the ribbon menu to minimized tabs command icons in MOI 3D v4 to have more working area space.

Can I import 3D AutoCAD models in MOI 3D for improvements.

Thanks again for your support in MOI 3D.

Regards

RC

EDITED: 18 Jul 2016 by RAYCAD1962

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8028.4 In reply to 8028.3 
Hi RC,

> I notice a lot of important commands into MOI 3D folder command not including on the UI and
> if someone needs to used them first needs to put them on the shortcuts keys and then used
> them.

You mean the ones listed here: http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_command_reference10.htm#Additional%20commands ?

Those are generally rarely used during normal operation and so not really important and haven't been a big priority yet to bring into the main UI. I do have some ideas on how to incorporate them in the future, but it's a major priority for MoI to keep a streamlined and light feeling UI and so I don't tend to put things at the top until I have figured out a good place for them, or better yet if their functions can be built in to some other already existing command.

It is possible to modify the MoI UI to put whatever buttons you want at the top though, the UI is defined by .htm files that are in the ui subfolder which can be edited. You might want to install Max's plug-in which extends the UI and adds some new menus:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6507.1

> Could you include the ribbon menu to minimized tabs command icons in
> MOI 3D v4 to have more working area space.

Sorry no that's not possible - the Microsoft ribbon is a horizontal bar and MoI needs a vertical bar because many of MoI's commands have options that you can change and the vertical layout works better for holding controls like checkboxes and dropdowns and such. Those are the controls that appear in the upper right area of the MoI window when you are running a command.

> Can I import 3D AutoCAD models in MOI 3D for improvements.

Yes, you can do this by using SAT format for transferring your solid models between AutoCAD and MoI. There is some info here on which commands to use in AutoCAD to do this:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-46B2F3E3-F933-4411-94D7-DC4E11D3EC60-htm.html

MoI does also import DXF files but it's only for "classic" 2D drafting type objects like lines, polylines and arcs - not 3D solids.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8028.5 In reply to 8028.4 
Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for helping me in MOI 3D. If you want to see my 3D Models that I create with MOI 3D v3 you can access the Gallery of this site.

Thanks again.

Regards

RC

EDITED: 19 Jul 2016 by RAYCAD1962

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous