MoI Gumball

Next
Hi Michael,

I don't know what features you have planned for v4, but I really would like to see something like the "Gumball" thingy that can be found in Rhino. Since I have larger projects I can't rely on MoI any longer so I work with both MoI and Rhino and switch between them all the time. Although the snapping and modelling helpers are much better in MoI, I really miss the Gumball in MoI. It can be very very handy from time to time.
Image Attachments:
Size: 27.7 KB, Downloaded: 69 times, Dimensions: 369x260px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7947.2 In reply to 7947.1 
Hi,
use EditFrame, is about the same....
http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#editframe
-EDDI
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7947.3 In reply to 7947.1 
Hi 3image - like Eddi writes above the focus in MoI is more on the 2D edit frame. The great advantage of the edit frame is that it's very low profile, the Gumball is very "in your face" since it occupies a whole bunch of space right smack in the middle of the scene, while the edit frame goes only around the outside of the current selection and is much much more sparse graphically. This allows the edit frame to remain on all the time.

Also just in general the strength of NURBS modeling is in trying to use 2D curves to control your design as much as possible, that's another reason why I've focused on the 2D edit frame rather than a 3D manipulator.

In addition to all of that, the Gumball translation functions are redundant because you can already move things in MoI just by dragging an object, which is again an "always on", always available thing.

I do think that I might add an optional 3D "manipulator" type mechanism to MoI in the future particularly for control point manipulation but it's not really a current priority because of the reasons above.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All