Flow Command frustration
All  1-2  3-5

Previous
Next
7807.3 In reply to 7807.1 
Hi Stav, there have been a lot of improvements for Flow since version 2.52 - the regular version 2 for Windows actually did not have Flow in it at all, and version 2.52 was made from an early v3 beta and so basically has a beta version of Flow in it.

I would really recommend upgrading to v3 if you're trying to use it - otherwise you will probably run into many various issues, although for your particular case here using a line and a circle curve like danperk mentions above will probably make your particular case here to be easier.

> What is the logic of this command?

It's described in lots of detail with various examples in the v3 documentation here:
http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_command_reference8.htm#flow

> Why are there no simple control options to control the direction of
> projection when using this command?

The default mode does not use "projection" - it uses UV mapping and you control it by setting up a mapping from an edge in the base surface to an edge in the target surface. You do this by clicking nearby the particular edges when you select each surface, see the link above with the section that has red dots in it that indicate where to click. So the spots that you click on have to be done carefully, they control a lot of how the Flow command for surface/surface flow will work.

But I can't remember though if the early version of Flow works exactly like that or not...

I would really recommend doing any work with Flow in v3 for sure.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Stav
Try this , here is an updated flow command that has history turned on , after you have run flow you can move or stretch or resize the input objects or flow line and it will update automatically.
I don't know which one you need but its awesome for stone layouts
cheers

EDITED: 14 Jan 2016 by SHAYNO

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous