Convex Fillet corner junction
All  1  2-4

Previous
Next
7681.2 In reply to 7681.1 
Hi Michael, probably your best bet for something like that would be the Construct > NSided command.

But you want to leave a somewhat larger and more regular shaped area for NSided to fill, not one with needle-sharp corners like what you currently have. So to prepare it, I cut those blend pieces in half lengthwise, by separating them out to be individual surfaces, then selecting them and running Edit > Trim and then pushing the "isocurve" button that is an option in Trim when you are working on a single surface. Then along one arc edge you can select the midpoint of the arc and that will cut the surface in half lengthwise. Then I picked the inner part as the piece to delete. There was also a teeny tiny face fragment hanging off the corner of one of those pieces which I deleted. I then also used the Merge command (http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_command_reference10.htm#merge) to merge the separate consecutive edges together into single edge pieces.

So with that preparation of basically widening the hole a bit, it looks like this:

Then that kind of boundary without very narrow sharp corners in it can be filled well with Construct > NSided, you can adjust the bulge factor in the command options down slightly to reduce the amount of inward dipping:

It looks like this shaded, seems to be pretty good (3DM model file also attached here):

Hope this helps, - Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Just perfect Michael! I Knew there would probably be a way, I even tried similar to what you have shown but since reading on the NSided realized that you have to choose the edges and cannot do it with the curves if that is correct.

These fillet profiles and junctions are just about right proportion wise for convex fillet welds and are scaleable for other size fillets if anyone is interested.

Many thanks for your prompt assistance as usual.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7681.4 In reply to 7681.3 
Hi Michael, you're welcome - I'm glad that will work for you!

> but since reading on the NSided realized that you have to choose the edges
> and cannot do it with the curves if that is correct.

Yup, that is correct - NSided needs a closed loop of edges to be selected for it to work, having just curves selected will not work for it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-4