My solution for filleting problems
 1-15  16-22

Previous
Next
7358.16 In reply to 7358.5 

"but hell I’ll love to pay MoI twice his price to have a better native fillet library !"

I double that notion! That said, I suspect swapping out a Solids kernel is harder than even the 64-bit port. Still, it would be great!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
MaidSafe should be a big help with securing our personal information http://maidsafe.net/

Martin.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7358.18 In reply to 7358.17 
... "but hell I’ll love to pay MoI twice his price to have a better native fillet library !"

I agree.

IMHO most of the other proposed changes being discussed are mute if you can't do the basics reliably.

Ed Ferguson
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello,

The question really isn't technical in nature it's one of mindset. If you put a high value on the information you generate and that you hold in trust for others the tools will follow the policy and mindset. I'm not suggesting that cloud based apps aren't useful at all, but an honest assessment has to be done to see what exposure one has with the type of information that someone puts into the cloud, the same assessment that has to be done no matter where you're placing it. There is no getting around the situation that when you push your data to the cloud you've lost control of your IP, and you've just become a much larger target.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Ok I have taken a similar volume than Chipp Walters
Work perfectly as my process seen above! :)

Moi --> export Step Inside free DesignSpark V1 --> export and transform in SAT format --> reloaded inside MOI! :)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7358.21 In reply to 7358.19 
OSTexo,

Yes, I understand where you're coming from. Assessing risk is critical

On another note, the sad fact is just about all of our personal data ends up in the cloud. Our credit card receipts and information, our tax information, our health records, our phone and email and text messages...it all ends up there sooner or later.

Nowadays, with all the social hacking, even though one's account may not be compromised, someone you know may be. Apple is about as paranoid as they come, still their iCloud was hacked a few times and personal selfies belonging to famous people were posted. I suppose there's a way to NOT be connected, but not if you're a participating digital member of society.

While CAD files are certainly of high IP value, I would suggest some SAS companies source code may be even more valuable. And of course many times that assessment must be made, and sometimes the choice is to store it in the cloud-- sometimes not. I know of a company who had all their data stored locally with off-site backups once per month (ouch!). Eventually (of course), the were robbed and the thieves took all the servers. Took weeks to get back to business as usual, not to mention how they had to explain to their customers. So, I guess nothing is completely secure-- just varying degrees of it.

Thanks for you point of view.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Hello chippwalters,

I agree that many bits of personal information will end up floating around in public due to negligence due to the individual or those who collect it. Reduction of footprint (exposure) and compartmentalization have been around for decades and are very effective methods to secure your data. Bringing personal responsibility to bear for individual data or data in trust will snap people into a more proper way of thinking like nothing I've ever seen. I think many data sharing vendors in general (not just cloud based) have done a job deflecting customers concerns on this point to their detriment. Interestingly a proper security mindset is exceptionally effective against on premise theft and insider threat. I wish that more people were able to properly evaluate the value of their IP and those of their partners, I doubt they'd be in such a mess if they did.

On the subject of the filleting issue, I've found that Autodesk Shape Modeling does a nice job of filleting those complex edges, and nPowers plugin is showing some promise in testing. Interesting stuff to consider, thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-15  16-22