Trim edge
All  1-5  6-9

Previous
Next
5792.6 In reply to 5792.5 
Hi Michael,

Thank you! I continued to experiment and has increased the length of the curve, but this time the same curve has an edge. It would be good to have the opportunity to choose the curve, that will be the edge. I would be grateful if you would have understood how the algorithm of choice of the curve in the edge.
Because I have shown by example that cutting along the edge and the solid produces different results, but for me it's important.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5792.7 In reply to 5792.6 
Hi Brash, now that I look at it - the seam edge will be determined by the starting point of the opposite set of curves.

Similar to how a closed surface has a "seam edge", a closed curve also has a "seam point" where the start and end of the curve come together.

The next edge from that closed curve's seam point will be the one that will become the seam edge.

You can find the seam point of a closed curve by using the plug-in here which will place a point object at the start location of a curve:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5288.21

Unzip that and copy the files into the \commands sub-folder and then there will be a new command available named MarkCurveStart which you can set up a shortcut key for.

Right now there is not an easy way to relocate the seam point of a closed curve, but if you have a symmetrical closed curve like a circle you can just rotate it around.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5792.8 In reply to 5792.7 
Thank so much, good plugin. Is it possible change start point of curve?
Have not symmetrical curves(((
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5792.9 In reply to 5792.8 
Hi brash,

> Thank so much, good plugin. Is it possible change start point of curve?

There is not currently any easy way to do that - in the future I want to add a tool to do it.

One kind of roundabout way to do it is to duplicate the curve a little ways off to the side and then do a loft between the 2 curves (making an extrusion-like shape), then during the last stage of Loft where you can adjust options you can also drag the seam point which controls how the curves are being connected to make the loft surface. When you then finish the loft you can extract the edge curve of the lofted result which will be a curve with its seam point moved. You extract an edge curve by selecting it and doing copy / paste.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-5  6-9