Addin Keyboard Shortcut

Next
I was just trying to set up a custom keyboard shortcut. So, I opened "Options" > "Shortcut Keys"
and then hit the "Add" button. I get an empty line with a blinking cursor, but Moi doesn't react
on keyboard entries at this point (Win 7). I even launched Moi as administrator with the same
results.

Any help is appreciated, I am sure I am just missing something?

Thanks
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3986.2 In reply to 3986.1 
Hi Armin, there are some instructions in the help file here:
http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#shortcutkeys

To create a new keyboard shortcut you actually type in a text label, like if you want to make a shortcut for Ctrl+B, when you set up the shortcut key you don't actually hold down control and push B, you instead actually type in the text "Ctrl+B" there.

In the future at some point I'll probably try and set it up the way you were probably expecting where you actually push the shortcut key combination to define it rather than typing in the text label like you currently do.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3986.3 In reply to 3986.2 
Well, thanks a lot Michael. I didn't type Ctrl, I just pushed the "Ctrl" key.
It works now.

Armin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3986.4 In reply to 3986.3 
Yeah, I have a program that operates like this too. I wonder if thats simple enough to add? just capturing the keystrokes hit for that dialogue?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3986.5 In reply to 3986.4 
Hi Burr yeah I don't think it's all that hard to add, but it needs some kind of special control there or something like that rather than just a standard text edit control.

Maybe the UI would need to be slightly different like open up a dialog box to add in a new shortcut rather than having a kind of grid view of different lines where you click on individual lines.

It might need a little bit of extra explanation text that says something like "press the shortcut now" ...

That potential redesign work would probably be where there would be a bit more work involved than just the key capture part.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All