Problem Rounding Edge
All  1-2  3-7

Previous
Next
The fillet tool won't do anything if the fillet radius is larger than the dimensions available to fillet in (e.g. fillet radius exceeds height or width of the edge you are trying to fillet.. Start with a small radius setting like 0.02 or 0.05 and zoom up close to the edge to see if it is getting rounded. Then increase your radius in small increments (e.g. 0.1 to 0.2 to 0.3). There will be a cutoff value where the fillet disappears again because the radius is set too large.

Same thing has stumped me before as well.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1219.4 In reply to 1219.3 
Many thanks for the tip curveman.

I have a new problem now with scaling an extrusion. I will keep trying for a bit longer but I might need to make another post.

Cheers,

Mark
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1219.5 In reply to 1219.4 
Hi Mark, you mean scaling in one direction to change the height of the extrusion?

See if this helps: http://moi3d.com/1.0/docs/moi_command_reference8.htm#scale1d

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1219.6 In reply to 1219.5 
Hi Michael,

My problem was that I wanted to scale just the top face of my extrusion. I was selecting the face and then attempting the scale but nothing was happening. I went about it a different way using blend and achieved what I wanted. I have since realised that I could have scaled the face by going into "show points", selecting my points and then doing the scale. One thing I really like about MoI is that there seem to be a number of ways to go about things.

Thanks Michael and curveman for the help. I've attached an image of the model so far.

Mark
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1219.7 In reply to 1219.6 
Hi Mark, I'm glad you are making progress and figuring things out, that is looking great so far.

> I have since realised that I could have scaled the face by going into "show points",
> selecting my points and then doing the scale

Just a quick note - you can't turn on points for some objects that are made up of many surfaces joined together at trimmed edges, there is some more information here.

But if you break a joined object into individual surfaces using Edit/Separate, then you can always show control points for the individual surfaces.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-7