i think the phrase that springs to mind when running MOI for the first time is OMFG

Next
hi
you know its amazing what you find on the internet, after spending the last two days downloading literally gigabytes of pdf's and tutorials on nurbs modelling, i happened on a forum that had a thread suggesting that people try moi, dont ask me which one as i am still suffering from the little known medical condition "PTWBS" (post traumatic web page syndrome), anyway i i went to the moi web page and downloaded the software, anyway i must have left the room or been kidnapped by aliens or something cause when i was apparently gone, someone switched my computer for a really fast one that has a display to die for, or at least thats how it feels when i use MOI.
the interface is like everything i have ever hoped would be in a modelling program, at last the lines of the object i am modelling actually look and more importantly, feel solid, closest i have seen that is with maya, but i dont have a degree in mayaspeak, nor for that matter the price that maya costs, the main reason i started working in NURBS is to build a particular project(the starfury from babylon 5), upto now i have spent several days accomplishing frustration(which doesnt render or animate well), after a couple of minutes with Moi i know that this is the application that i will have success with, so for that , thankyou sooooooooooooo much, i did have to stop using the rotate function as i was wasting too much time watching those beautifully shaded spheres(well one sphere to be honest) rotating faster and faster, wouldnt it be really cool if you could use the zoom with the mouse and rotate with the keyboard cursor keys at the same time, you could do like a really cool flyby........or should i just get a games machine, anyway in all seriousness mr gibson i thing what moi represents is a potential milestone in 3d graphics and i personally believe a new standard by which others will follow.
Michael
PS by the way how much is MOI V1 going to be?.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1067.2 In reply to 1067.1 
It will be surely 195 $ :)
and careful if you make a big model as in the 1.0 there will be not system of manage objects : prefere separate in some "export" / "Import" small objects (say 5 - 10 Meg each)
Else you will arrive at the end with a too big single object that freeze the amazing Moi ! (somebody has made a file of 350 Megas ! So... :).
Have fun modeling with Moi :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1067.3 In reply to 1067.1 
Hi Michael - Wow, I'm glad that you are liking MoI so much! :)

As Pilou mentions, the price for V1 will be $195.

I'm still in the process of finishing up the documentation, but there is one big chunk available here: http://moi3d.com/beta/moi_command_reference2.zip

There are also some pretty recent tutorial videos here:

http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=975.1
http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=980.1
http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=999.1

And if you get stuck on modeling something, please post your question here in the forum! It also tends to help a lot if you can post the .3dm model file with the pieces you are working on, it is often easier to see what is going on when looking at the model rather than just a description or even a screenshot.

It's also fun to see any finished shots, or even Work-In-Progress screenshots of stuff that you are building in MoI.

Happy Modeling!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All