MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Car modeling question how to fix items and move forward

Show messages:  1-6  7-26  27-33

30 Mar   [#7] In reply to [#6]
These 2 ones are not so difficult to follow!
and each section is commented!

30 Mar   [#8] In reply to [#6]
"We were born with ears for a good reason, which seems to be beyond Mr Swagger's comprehension"

Maybe he has not interest to be an 'instructor" ? I get the frustration but not everyone like to do voice record videos or doing tutorials.
At least he does share something, for free ! It's kinda rare these days and I would be grateful about it while it last !
30 Mar   [#9] In reply to [#7]
As I said, I've watched his videos many times. Including these. Why would you reference them again?

I do not like his tutorials as I FIND THEM TOO DIFFICULT TO FOLLOW!

Perhaps when you reach my age and start experiencing vision issues you will understand.

Sorry BUT I can not be any clearer then this.
30 Mar   [#10] In reply to [#8]
I never said I did not appreciate his efforts. I simply said I find them too difficult to follow and because of that I get very little from them.

Most people upload stuff to youtube to get clicks and seldom because of their good nature. Perhaps he is the rare exception.

Perhaps when you reach 70 you will find have the same problem as I presently do?

I also have the same issue with foreign movies which have subtitles.
30 Mar   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Ken, you've written about this here several times before.

I get that you're frustrated by Zarkow's tutorials and wish that they were easier to follow.

But what is the point of repeating this again and again?

At a certain point it gets to be a breach of forum etiquette.

- Michael
30 Mar   [#12] In reply to [#11]
I was replying to Matadem's comment that he too had issues with Zarkow's tutorials. I can hardly understand how replying to a comment with a similar view is a breach of forum conduct?
30 Mar   [#13]
Maybe @Pilou knows a AI that create voice over description based on UI interaction =O)
30 Mar   [#14] In reply to [#12]
Hi Ken,

re:
> I can hardly understand how replying to a comment with a similar view is a breach of forum conduct?

Well to start with, Matadem's post is from Jan 15 so that's a "necro thread" breach of etiquette.

2nd, your reply with "All caps":

> I do not like his tutorials as I FIND THEM TOO DIFFICULT TO FOLLOW!

is interpreted as yelling, that's another one.

> Too bad the community was not more more friendly like the app.

Insulting the community and repeating with more intentionally inflammatory posts is another one.

I understand you are frustrated but repeatedly venting just to start arguments is not appreciated.

- Michael
31 Mar   [#15]
Take a look to Arrimus 3D... i Believe that is something about moi 3D tuts!

Maybe not about car!

https://arrimus3d.artstation.com/store/6a9g/moi3d-for-game-assets

make some research on the Net...with this guy!
31 Mar   [#16]
Hi Ken, here 62 old just retired. At this age we must enjoy life without struggling and frustations. Zarkow share his techniques FOR FREE and you can follow this WITHOUT PAY MONEY. I think this is great stuff. There are also other ways to model a car in Moi3D, if you can't do please accept you limits, breathe deeply and go on. Enjoy life:Mauro
31 Mar   [#17] In reply to [#13]
@PAQ
I am pretty sure that you can ask to the free Gemini online to give you the text of a description video!
https://gemini.google.com/app

Then input the result in any convert Text to voice... or maybe Gemini it self who knows ?

I have yet made this (nothing to do with voice...
Ask Gemini to give me a 5 prompts about any subject wanted (very few word from me) that you want but with technical term of Midjourney

and then you put the result inside Bing ...or Wizcom! ;)

the Ai for text to voice! ;)
https://www.naturalreaders.com/online/ very good but not free for more 20 items!

A free one https://ttsmaker.com

The Vizcom result is more poetic! :)

The Bing Result! More near the Gemini description!

31 Mar   [#18] In reply to [#13]
@Paq
Ah damned!
Gemini1.5 answer this! :(
I'm sorry, but I'm unable to access this YouTube content. This is possible for a number of reasons, but the most common are: the content isn't a valid YouTube link, the video is potentially unsafe, the content does not have a captions file that I can read, or the video language is currently not supported.

Maybe next year...so be patient! :)
31 Mar   [#19] In reply to [#18]
It should be called video to speech or something, I would have be really surprised if such thing exist already.
I know there is this 'device' project (I forget the name already) that was trained to interact with web UI, so a virtual assistant could buy or reserve stuff for you on the net, so I guess you make an IA learn an interface.

But more seriously it wouldn't be that helpful for time lapse modelling video, it would only describe what's happening on the screen but not the reasoning behind.
I came across a commercial zbrush video/tutorial like that, where the 'instructor' was commenting his 4 hours sculpting ... it was very depressing to watch.

Those time lapse modelling session does have their merit, but only if you already have a good base knowledge.
31 Mar   [#20] In reply to [#19]
there is Video2text but it's more the capture of the subtitles for the moment! ;)

About Moi3D to Vizcom ;)

More appealing is the real time from Moi3d! ;)

here with the free Krea : that works like a charm! A true breeze! :)

1 Apr   [#21]
Ps You have something free online for make forms with "blobs"... or others :)

https://www.womp3d.com/

Test of the import OBJ from the free Womp online inside Vizcom
60 % influence
prompt : spaceship in space

3 Apr   [#22] In reply to [#1]
Hi Metadem,

""""""""""and if I understand how to fix these I can probably finish it.
On the pic with the red arrow above the front wheel there is an open seam that I do not know how to fix."""""""""""

Here you go....

""""""but there is allot to fix"""""""""""

YES! I dont want to harp though. You may have this under control and just asked how to fix the gap.

"""""""""I watched the Keugmeister swagger video's on youtube many,many, many times....and if I understand it correctly
you create network, loft patches, do the Iso on the surface, reconstruct curve to polylines, loft straight and then subd.""""""""

Well, sort of. I have watched a bit of his videos. it is really a "combination" of those things you mentioned, AND back and forth. He actually does a process of creating surfaces to allow him to create geometry from those surfaces to create surfaces, which allows him to create geometry he needs to create a surface. This can be interwoven. It's not just 1, 2, 3 surface. But the end surface he is looking to create is the final NURBS. It is always a "Means to an end"... Not a set process.
3 Apr   [#23]
Burrman ...Thank you for taking the time to make the video! Allot of great tips!!!!

This will certainly help me out with all the weird mistakes I am doing :D

Question here... would with the Plasticity with xnurbs modeling would be faster and easier to model a car instead of blender?

Tnx!
3 Apr   [#24] In reply to [#23]
Hello,

Cars modelling is a challenging topic whatever the method you pick.

Maybe the advantage with Blender is that you might find a complete tutorial to go along that will teach you all the steps. That said most of those tutorial as considered "advanced" and probably assume you have basic knowledge with Blender navigation and subdivision modelling in general. If it's you first step I would probably try to find an easier subject, like a mouse, any kind of relative 'smooth / curved" object.

If you want to stay in the Nurbs land, you probably may need to check one of those tutorial made for Rhino ... and solve all the missing functions by finding workaround. For the initial curves sketching there is nothing as easy as MoI imho (but even for that step some tutorial will also show advance feature like curve deviation analysis). Patching/surfacing those curves require however a lot of work and experience. That's probably where Xnurbs can help a lot, as it's so permissive while producing really pleasant surfaces with good continuity.

If you are more in the conceptual design without really precise blue print, you might wanna try an hybrid approach, by designing the initial rough shape using subdivision modelling, convert that cage mesh into Nurbs using MoI Sub-D import and finish the details / trimming / and all that jazz in MoI. But even with that method you need to get some experience with subdivision modeling, edge loop (support), topology ... so again starting with simpler model is a first step before poly "knitting" a complete car body.
4 Apr   [#25] In reply to [#23]
Take a look at the Gallery to Macgreggor cars!
https://moi3d.com/gallery/ (some pages ! )
He uses only Moi3D <----> C4D

We can't say that is not sweet cars! :)

A little tut is here... but in French but very visual! (you can use the translate site by Google)
https://moiscript.weebly.com/les-voitures-de-macgreggor.html

https://www.macgreggor.net (a must)

All cars following from the Gallery are in big size!!!

4 Apr   [#26] In reply to [#25]
Hi Pilou :)

Please correct where highlighted from Piago to Piaggio ;)
Piaggio is the name of the company created "Vespa" and also the second name of the family founders
The model 400 was projected in Italy and producted in France at Fourchambault,in late 50's

Image Attachments:
A.jpg 

Show messages:  1-6  7-26  27-33