ICONS - GUI Closed

Other than the godrays piling through the clouds, I'm particularly not fond of that interface. I guess it does harken back to a time when game interfaces and skeuomorphic interfaces were all the rage (I've certainly seen and designed my share of them!).

Frankly, the MoI3D interface is clearly defined by design to be simple, friendly, unassuming and approachable. So is the logo and brand. It's not meant to be Gigantor Enterprises, but rather a lifestyle company with best-in-class customer support and superior ease-of-use. If that's the correct brand message-- it's coming through loud and clear.

For those interested in more complex interfaces, there are plenty to choose from. If the requirement is lots of organic capabilities, I might suggest 3D Coat. It's a huge program with a steep learning curve with which you can build just about anything...as long as it's not supposed to be part of a CAD file somewhere.

I applaud Michael's design sensibilities and focus on simplicity. As one who has just recently switched from Mac to PC, and then tried to work in Powerpoint having worked the past years in Keynote, I can attest to Michael's "simpler is better" rule when it comes to interface design. Ugh! The ribbon interface is just HORRIBLE!