NVil, Samardac Config 1.0

Andrei,

You’re quite generous sharing your techniques and talents. I’m sure many appreciate that!

That said, I’m curious, why are you posting tutorials for other 3D software in MoI’s forum? I certainly understand Frenchy’s desire to keep us all informed on existing toolsets, and I also enjoy folks posting workarounds using other products– I do it too. But to my knowledge, these video tutes focus only on Nvil. Does Nvil not have their own forum? If they do, how do you think they would like if someone were to start posting MoI-only tutorials over there?

FWIW, I know of no other forum which provides for free advertisement and a platform for a competitors product.

Not to mention, it does take up both bandwidth and needlessly increases thread count from MoI’s servers. Certainly making a post or two about your wonderful transfer scripts is worthwhile, but do you really think it necessary to devote an entire thread to proselytizing Nvil?

Why is this any of my business?

Because when I send new potential buyers to the MoI forums to learn about MoI, they become rightly confused. Is Nvil part of MoI, and if not why is it so well advertised and supported on the MoI forum?

And, I selfishly do want people to purchase many, many copies of MoI so that Michael can continue to improve it and keep it alive and well. I’ve been around too long and used too many 3D packages which were put to pasture for lack of business support.

Please do continue posting your wonderful concept designs and renders. Please also consider the appropriateness of posting full Nvil only tutorials here.