How to set curve point that will determine the extrusion line

6327.10 In reply to 6327.7 
Hi Evren,

> Hi Metin. Any closed curve primitive you create in top/front/right viewport will have start/end
> point located at rightmost. You should create your curve considering this.

It won't always be the rightmost, it will be where you happened to place the first point of the curve. You must tend to draw them with your first point placed towards the right.

Every closed curve still has a start and end point on it, even when the curve is a "periodic" smooth closed curve which has its control point set up so that it does not form a sharp corner point at the closing area. With a smooth curve, the start and end touch each other and that's called the "seam" point of the curve.

When you extrude a curve into a surface, the seam point of the closed curve will become the seam edge of the closed surface generated from it.

The seam point of a closed periodic curve is not really visible, you can mark it with a point using this plug-in here though:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5288.21

The seam edge of a closed periodic surface is more visible since it is present in the edge topology structure of the object.

@Metin: - hopefully this makes some more sense now. There is not currently any easy way set up to edit the seam point of a closed periodic curve. Why is it that you're trying to change that in the first place? It is possible to do some manipulation of the seam if you use Loft instead, I think that's shown above...

In the future I do want to add in a tool to edit the seam point of a curve, right now I do not have the UI set up to house those kinds of detailed low level editing tools quite yet though.

- Michael