Bottle design using MoI

Next
Hi All....

Any body have experience design a bottle using MoI ?
Below is sample of the bottle.

Regards,
Lish

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
925.2 In reply to 925.1 
The challenge is how to create the water wave outside the bottle ( on the skin of the bottle ).

Regards,
Lish

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
925.3 In reply to 925.1 
Hi Lish, here is one idea.

I started by drawing a curve in the front view. I used grid snap on this one to make the kind of regular wavy pattern:

Then Construct / Revolve can be used to turn that profile into the main body of the water bottle:

If you want something that has a very regular shape, that can finish it right there. But if you want those kind of knobby feet on the bottom that is a bit harder. To make some knobby feet shapes, I drew another smaller outline and used revolve again to make one foot:

I then positioned this foot so it was off center and also moved it upwards so it intersected the main body part:

Next I selected the foot, and used Transform / Array / Circular to make it 4 copies around the center of the bottle, then selected the 4 feet and the main body and used Construct / Boolean / Union to fuse them together. After the boolean there are new edges formed where the foot intersected the body, I selected those:

Then I used Construct / Fillet to round off those sharp edges. Fillet tends to be a bit sensitive, if you have too many things running together or gaps between objects, stuff like that, it will tend to cause problems with fillets. Here is the result of filleting:

So the end result - proportions are kind of off, but you can get the idea. You may want to bring in an image of your water bottle as a backdrop with View / Image so you can get the proportions right:

Hope this helps!

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
925.4 In reply to 925.2 
> The challenge is how to create the water wave outside the bottle ( on the skin of the bottle ).

The key thing is to try to draw a curve that is a profile of the shape that you want. Then you use one of the construction commands to create your object based off of that profile.

In this case revolve is good, but there are also other tools available as well, like Lofting through cross-sections, or sweeping along a path. These methods allow you to make a custom shape guided by the profile curves that you draw.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All