Feature request
All  1  2-3

Previous
Next
644.2 In reply to 644.1 
One way to do this, is to move the object approx where you want it and then go down where the distance is and type 10<180 if you want it to the left, or 10<0 if you want it to the right.

***There is always a better way to do things... Just find your Moment of Inspiration***

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
644.3 In reply to 644.1 
Hi Qjet, thanks for the feature request!

I'm really trying to wrap up version 1.0 right now, I don't think I will have enough time to get exactly what you mentioned, but here is something you can set up in the current beta that is pretty close.

Close down MoI, and then run notepad and open up the moi.ini file in notepad. You can find the moi.ini file at this location: C:\Documents and Settings\<Your login name>\Application Data\Moi\moi.ini

Add these 2 lines under the [Shortcut Keys] section, like this (these should be just two long lines , one line for G= and one line for the H= )

[Shortcut Keys]
G=script:var da = moi.drawingAids; var grid = moi.grid; if ( da.gridSnap && grid.snapSize == 10.0 ) { grid.snapSize = 1.0; da.gridSnap = false; } else { grid.snapSize = 10.0; da.gridSnap = true; }
H=script:var da = moi.drawingAids; var grid = moi.grid; if ( da.gridSnap && grid.snapSize == 100.0 ) { grid.snapSize = 1.0; da.gridSnap = false; } else { grid.snapSize = 100.0; da.gridSnap = true; }

After you save that edited moi.ini file, the next time you run MoI, you will have 2 new keyboard shortcuts available. Typing "G" (not holding it down, just push and release it) will enable a grid snap of 10.0 units. Typing "H" will enable a grid snap of 100.0 units. You can type "G" or "H" a second time to turn the snapping off.

That's not quite exactly what you requested, but it does allow you to set up a quick 10.0 or 100.0 unit snap by using one keypress which you can turn on or off in the middle of drawing things.

> Also in the help menu, you should throw in a quick little "Key help" image
> that pops up when you click it, giving the user the run down of the shortcut keys.

I'm planning on overhauling the Options dialog, and there should be a keyboard shortcut section added to it which will let you see the current key assignments and also edit them more easily instead of needing to edit the moi.ini text file.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-3