Purchasing and Student Discount

Next
I'm about to buy MoI 3D, and I had a few questions. First, I'll be using the software the majority of the time, but my two boys will also be using it on a few projects, and they are in middle school and high school. I assume I could purchase a student version, but the Studica web site looks and feels sketchy to me - so I'm reluctant to do so.

Are there any other options for buying a student version, and what do people think about buying the student version in my situation? If I pay the full price, does the money go directly to the developer? Or is it a corporation? I'm not against paying full price when the developer has made some awesome software and gets the benefit directly.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5873.2 In reply to 5873.1 
If it were me I would buy it directly from the MOI website. Michael is a one man show. I would assume purchasing it directly would maximize the amount he makes on the sale.

-Shane
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5873.3 In reply to 5873.1 
Hi Alligator, from what you have described I would recommend purchasing the student version from Studica. They are totally legit, they just don't have the most refined web site (me either really though too!). There are also educational versions available at Novedge too, here: http://www.novedge.com/brands/94 . Just one note, it can take a few days for Studica to process your order sometimes, because they have a bunch of manual steps they go through like verification of the student info.

In either case send in your high school student's information, usually they want a copy of his student ID card.

> If I pay the full price, does the money go directly to the developer? Or is it a corporation?
> I'm not against paying full price when the developer has made some awesome software and
> gets the benefit directly.

If you pay full price the money does go directly to the developer (which is myself), not any big corporation but I'd still recommend just getting the educational version since you are able to do that. Then spend the saved money on food, that should last for one or two meals with two boys around, maybe .... ;) Thanks very much for the support and the offer to pay full price but really just ordering the edu version is totally fine.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5873.4 In reply to 5873.3 
Michael is a really nice chap :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5873.5 In reply to 5873.4 
He has a rabbit, you know..:P

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5873.6 In reply to 5873.5 
Doesn't she look delicious? I have an org chart on my wall and she's listed as the project manager.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5873.7 In reply to 5873.6 
After further consideration, and since my kids will likely only use MoI once in a great while, I decided to purchase the full license. I can afford it, and I don't mind sharing that with a developer who wrote a piece of software that is clearly a step ahead of everyone else. I had been searching for months for something I could use with my CNC machine, and this software is it. Thanks!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5873.8 In reply to 5873.6 
"""""""""Doesn't she look delicious?"""""""""

That sounds like if the project ended she actually "wood get fired" :o....... But somehow, I dont think that JG would go for that.... lol
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5873.9 In reply to 5873.7 
Thanks very much Alligator, I really appreciate that! I hope MoI will be useful for your CNC work!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi,

Congrats! I 've used MoI and I am thrilled. Well done!

I need to buy the Moi 3D application for MAC from studica
could you explain what is the difference between
MOI2-EDU
MOI2-EDU5
MOI2-EDU 10-24
MOI2-EDU 25

http://www.studica.com/MOI3D/

Thank you.
Dennis
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5873.11 In reply to 5873.10 
Hi Dennis,

> could you explain what is the difference between
> MOI2-EDU
> MOI2-EDU5
> MOI2-EDU 10-24
> MOI2-EDU 25

Those are quantity discount prices - for example if you buy 5 licenses all in one batch (like to put on several machines in a school lab), then you get a discount and pay the price labeled "MOI2-EDU5" per license.

If you purchase between 10 to 24 licenses in one batch you get the price per license listed on that entry, etc...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All