Dimensions

Next
Hi Michael ...

Do you think you will manage basic dimensions and text in ver 3, or is it on the back burner for further down the road?

MoI is a joy ... but I don't like having to leave it for notes and dimensions. But I said that before ... squeaky wheel.

cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5866.2 In reply to 5866.1 
Hi eric, it's not really looking too likely to happen for v3 right now, there are still just too many things I want to improve on modeling and model editing tools first.

I definitely want to get things in the future set up so that you would be able to do some basic annotation and markup for producing working drawings directly in MoI, but I'm still not really satisfied yet with the kind of core drawing and modeling tools and I want to keep focused on that area for a while yet.

So just realistically looking at the time frame it's probably not going to happen for v3.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5866.3 In reply to 5866.2 
Hi Michael ..

That's what I expected and I truly understand your quandary ... core modeling tools do have to have your priority.

I do have Rhino and ViaCad so by using more than one software I can easily meet my requirements but I do dream for one integrated package.

Keep up the great work ... I think that MoI is already the best modeling tool available.

cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5866.4 In reply to 5866.3 
Hi eric,

> I do have Rhino and ViaCad so by using more than one software I can easily meet
> my requirements but I do dream for one integrated package.

One of the things that tends to guide my decision making is I tend to put more weight on things that may not be handled very well by some of these other tools.

> Keep up the great work ... I think that MoI is already the best modeling tool available.

Thanks very much! There are definitely a lot of modeling tools that I still want to improve a lot though, including some edit tools like being able to move a face up or down which I think you've mentioned before too!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
I have to weigh in here.

Every time I export a model to SketchUp, I wish MOI had dimensioning. If and when you get to it, please try to include view based EPS export. For now, SketchUp will do. I'm just glad I don't have to model with it. Thanks for that!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All