background image size
All  1-7  8-12

Previous
Next
hi probably didn't explain myself too well.
I wanted the BG image to work as Modo. When i add an image it comes in at 100%. I would then draw a circle say 100mm dia. to match the 100 mm dia. flange on the image. At this point i would scale the image of the flange to match the circle i just drew. Now i am drawing at the correct unit size.

At this point i would need to add the other images in the other views, but instead of going thru the process again it would be good to know at what percentage i scaled the first image so i can simply set the remaining images to exactly the same scale. Then would just have to worry about getting the image into the correct location.

Hope this clearer . . .

matt
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5548.9 In reply to 5548.8 
Hi Mattj - Wonderful idea but I am not sure because i have not tried it yet, but by using the scaling trick showed by Michael, once you have that first image in place, as long as all the other images are the same scale, then you should be able to select the show in all views option in the image menu, then once you place and scale that first image in place, there will be visible lines in the other views that you can use as snap and reference points.

Does that help ?

Martin Spencer-Ford
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
thanks martin s

i will try that.
matt j
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5548.11 In reply to 5548.8 
Hi matt,

> I wanted the BG image to work as Modo. When i add an image it comes in at 100%

So you mean you don't get to place it by "drawing" a rectangle for like you do in MoI? It just comes in at some fixed predefined 3D size?

MoI's background images do not work like that - instead of an image coming in at some fixed size, you tell MoI the size by drawing a rectangle. Since there is not some automatic predefined size used, there isn't anything in MoI for a percentage value to be based off of.

Just in general the "generate new object" philosophy in MoI is to allow you to draw the object directly where you want it when it is first created, so for example in MoI's sphere command it does not stick in a "default sphere" and then make you move and resize it in order to get the actual sphere you want, instead you get to draw the sphere where you want when it is first created, and so the background image mechanism is set up in that same way.

But check out these examples for how to snap images together in various ways, that may be useful for what you are asking about:

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2501.14
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2501.15
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1982.6

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Ok I will try your method. Thanks for all the contributions, much appreciated as ever!

Matt
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-7  8-12