Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Lerp sounded so strangely familiar, I had to look it up:

(The pear psylla insect is such a pest.)

From Wikipedia:
"Lerp may refer to
Lerp (biology), a structure produced by larvae of psyllid insects as a protective cover.
Lerp (computing), a quasi-acronym for linear interpolation in computing and mathematics."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb509618(v=vs.85).aspx
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I can't seem to get this script to work. Any thoughts installation etc..?
Message reads: Can't find variable:Randomize
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.45 In reply to 5416.5 
I can't seemed to get the Randomize script to work. Message reads: Can't find variable: Randomize like 1 1:>>Randomize

Any thoughts what I maybe doing wrong here. I believe I installed it correctly.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
If it's this one ?
No problem for me! (works also fine with curves)
Maybe you must post your 3dm file!

EDITED: 12 Sep 2016 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.47 In reply to 5416.44 
Hi Mike, re:

> I can't seem to get this script to work. Any thoughts installation etc..?
> Message reads: Can't find variable:Randomize

Please double check the instructions here at FAQ #1.

That error message means that MoI tried to run the contents of your shortcut key command text as direct immediate script code. It will do that if it could not find a file of that name in the commands folder, or if you have set up the shortcut key command with a "script:" prefix on it (like if you shortcut key command is set up as script:Randomize instead of just plain Randomize).

If you have just plain Randomize as the shortcut key command then it means that the Randomize.js and Randomize.htm files are not getting copied into the commands folder, so double check that and restart MoI after you have copied them.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.48 In reply to 5416.47 
I have installed these before and I still can't get this one to work. Most of the installs I have also show up in the Ext. scripts list buy not this one. I have had at times some do this were I can't get them to show up. There isn't platform issues is there?

EDITED: 13 Sep 2016 by HOPPER

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.49 In reply to 5416.48 
Hi Mike, nope no known platform issues, I just gave it a check over here on my own Mac to make sure.

Can you please show me a screenshot of where you have placed your Randomize.htm and Randomize.js files, and also a screenshot of what you have set up for your keyboard shortcut?

One thing to note is that with Safari, when you download the Randomize.zip file, it automatically unzips it into a folder named Randomize with the 2 files contained within that folder. You've got to go into that folder and move those 2 files over, if you move just the entire folder so the whole Randomize folder is a nested folder underneath MoI's commands folder that won't work.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.50 In reply to 5416.49 
Here is the path and short cuts. A lot of commands are floating and not nested. Should it show up in my Ext. scripts list?
Image Attachments:
Size: 34.3 KB, Downloaded: 19 times, Dimensions: 470x162px
Size: 60.2 KB, Downloaded: 17 times, Dimensions: 973x194px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.51 In reply to 5416.50 
Hi Mike, so it looks like you've got 2 problems there, first your keyboard shortcut says: "script: Randomize" - you need it to say just plain "Randomize" instead, without any script: prefix.

If you put script: in front of the text for the Command part of a shortcut key, it will run the text immediately following it as direct JavaScript code, which will result in the syntax error that you noticed.

To run an installed command file, you have to put just the name of the file (without .js extension) in the shortcut key, that will make it look up the file in the commands folder.

Then the second problem is that the Randomize.js and Randomize.htm files are not directly inside the first level of the commands folder, you've got them nested down an additional level in a Randomize folder. Go into that Randomize folder and move the files up one level in the folder hierarchy so they are directly inside the commands folder instead of nested down in a sub-folder.

Once you tune up those 2 things you should then be set up. If you need a reminder for future reference, FAQ #1 has instructions for this and I've added a little bit to that to help clarify.

Hopefully you'll be able to get all set up now!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.52 In reply to 5416.51 
Thank you very much for your assistance. See the attached images for where I am at. I apologize for all my confusion. I still get that error message.
Would it make sense to delete some sort of preference file? Or do you see something I am still doing wrong here.
Image Attachments:
Size: 32.8 KB, Downloaded: 25 times, Dimensions: 435x163px
Size: 60.8 KB, Downloaded: 31 times, Dimensions: 527x491px
Size: 63.1 KB, Downloaded: 23 times, Dimensions: 830x189px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.53 In reply to 5416.52 
Did you restart Moi?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.54 In reply to 5416.53 
Yes.

I did have a previous version 2.5 I believe which since I have removed.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.55 In reply to 5416.54 
I have another command that doesn't work either: QuickCircle. When I reassign that my key to the Previous command Randomize. It shows up with that error message but it is using QuickCircle as name in error.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.56 In reply to 5416.52 
Hi Mike, so from what I can tell on your most recent screenshot there is that your keyboard shortcut now looks ok but your commands directory looks strange - have you accidentally made a second copy of the commands folder in a different location? Because your screenshot seems to be showing it under drive_c/commands, while MoI's actual commands folder is located under drive_c/moi/commands.

So the problem is that you're not getting into drive_c/moi/commands which is where you need to put the 2 files.

Please try the following steps:

Step 1 - right click the MoI .app icon and choose "Show package contents".

Now a finder Window will pop up with 4 things showing on it (initially at least, if you have expanded the "Contents" folder previously there will be a lot more showing - in this case collapse the Contents folder back down again so you only have the 4 initial things showing again), which are: Contents, docs, drive_c, and Wineskin.

Step 2 - double click on drive_c.

You'll now have 4 different things showing: moi, Program Files, users, and windows.

Step 3- double click on moi.

You'll now have a bunch of things showing and second from the top is commands.

Step 4 - double click on commands.

Now you are at MoI's commands folder - this is where you need to copy the files for any downloaded plug-in files.

Somewhere along the line I guess you must have accidentally copy/dragged the whole commands folder to a different location, so now you have 2 of them (copied one in drive_c/commands and original one in drive_c/moi/commands), one of which MoI doesn't know anything about or do anything with and so if you copy files into that unused one it will not be recognized by MoI.

Hope this straightens things out, please let me know if you are still stuck.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.57 In reply to 5416.56 
I think I may have a super mess going. How can I find the commands folder and put it where it needs to go or would it be better to clean house reinstall Moi3D_3.1 and replace all of my commands into the newly reinstalled structure. A from scratch approach.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.58 In reply to 5416.57 
Hi Mike, well does MoI run ok for you like if you click on the Line command can you draw a line?

If so then you're probably not really very messed up, you still have the original commands folder and you just have an additional extra one somewhere else that's not doing any harm other than not doing anything if you try to copy plug-ins there.

So if you're running ok you already have a commands folder where it is supposed to be, you can delete the additional one under drive_c/commands and leave the original one under drive_c/moi/commands .

If your main commands folder was completely missing you'd definitely notice big problems, almost nothing would work.

To get to the original commands folder, right-click on the .app and choose "Show package contents", then double click drive_c then double click moi then double click commands.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.59 In reply to 5416.58 
Let me think about this. Your help is outstanding. I suppose this points out some pitfalls for users like me that aren't aees good at maneuvering some structure complexities.
It's seems difficult for me but I am getting through it because of your patience. Your personal customer service is notable to say the least!!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5416.60 In reply to 5416.59 
No problem Mike, and yes I do want to make plug-in installation simpler in the future.

Do other regular commands like Line for example work ok for you right now?

If you're still stuck you can send me an e-mail and I'll arrange a time to do a remote-control screen sharing session with you so I can get your installation sorted out.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-66