Modeling Basics
 1-20  21-22

Previous
Next
Thanks for the kind comments everyone. Here is what I worked on over the weekend, a Chinese Type 67 Suppressed Pistol based on Google image references. I wasn't trying too hard to be accurate, just a learning project. Eventually I ran into filleting problems right as I was about to start detailing the handle grips. I came to the conclusion that some areas would have to be completely remodeled in order to fillet them, so I'm probably going to put this project off for a few days until I decide to rebuild those areas. I'm anxious to get started on an environment piece.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For this model I put off filleting during most of the modeling process to keep the framerate up in my viewport. However, I think a nice workflow would be to create fillets then be able to toggle them on or off, as well as keep them adjustable. I saw this kind of workflow in PowerNURBS videos, where edges can be put into fillet groups and toggled or adjusted at anytime. This way I could easily set up my objects with fillets as I model and test them out and troubleshoot any problems then turn them off to keep my viewport speed up. Of course I realize some sort of scene management would probably be needed to be implemented, which I think is a version 2 thing.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Very nice!
Yes, as far as I remember, Michael said that object grouping and probably modeling history won't be ready soon.

***There is always a better way to do things... Just find your Moment of Inspiration***

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-22