1-20  …  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-120  121-140  …  161-180

Previous
Next
4737.81 In reply to 4737.75 
Hi Martin,

> No issues so far. My MoI.app behaves, is a joy to use and
> runs stable.

That's really great news!

I don't think it should really take very much work to get some of the remaining rough edges smoothed out.

re: moi.ini - yes for the next beta you will want to copy over your moi.ini to where the new beta will be able to see it so you won't have to re-enter all that stuff.

I will probably be changing where the OSX version gets its moi.ini file from to have it in one central location so that it can be used by every new beta that comes out without having to copy it into each one separately, but you will have to do that just this one next time.

It looks like I will probably put it here:
~/Library/Application Support/Moi/moi.ini

So what will happen is that when the next beta is initially launched it will create a default moi.ini file in ~/Library/Application Support/Moi/moi.ini if there is not one there already and then you can replace it with the one with all your settings in it from this current beta (which is stored in the path you show above there contained inside the .app itself currently) and that should be fine.

I'll also put the license key files there so that you won't have to re-enter your license keys on every new beta installation either, but that will also happen just one more time for the next beta as well.

That's just another one of those rough edges that should only need a minor tweak to fix up.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.82 In reply to 4737.81 
>It looks like I will probably put it here: ~/Library/Application Support/Moi/moi.ini
Great.

>.. (which is stored in the path you show above there contained inside the .app itself currently)
I just discovered that the "open package" procedure I described is not needed to edit the ini file. You provide an easy way to edit the ini file from inside MoIs options which works well. Especially because I'm forced to close MoI before I do this. The ini file opens in Windows Notepad program supplied by Wine.

EDITED: 25 Nov 2011 by MARTIN3D

Image Attachments:
Size: 65.8 KB, Downloaded: 38 times, Dimensions: 714x541px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.83 In reply to 4737.76 
Hi Paul, so I think a 2.5 OSX-specific release will make sense.

The way that will work is that I will take the current v3 beta and polish it up to get it into a release-ready state (which it's actually not too far off from which is why this new plan is feasible in the first place), and then peel that off as a 2.5 OSX version which will be available for purchase as a regular non-expiring release version, which will be the same price as the current v2 version which is $295 USD.

The 2.5 OSX version will be available for free to existing v2 owners and it will provide an entry point to purchase for new users who have been waiting until there is an OSX version before getting into MoI.

That should make it possible for me to have an OSX version in a much sooner time frame than my original plan of waiting until the full v3 development cycle to be complete.

It's still difficult for me to give an exact timetable but something like end of January as a release target seems like a good guess. Usually my guesses are pretty wrong though...

I will put together some kind of publicly available pre-release trial version at some point before that, maybe something like 1 more month from now for that part.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.84 In reply to 4737.82 
Hi Martin,

> Especially because I'm forced to close MoI before I do this.
> The ini file opens in Windows Notepad program supplied
> by Wine.

Yup, but although that works ok, it's kind of weird and I think it should probably be pretty easy for me to get it to open up with the OSX TextEdit.app instead of Wine Notepad.

I'll see about making that tune up along with the update to have the moi.ini file located in ~/Library/Application Support/Moi .

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Great move!! Last night i told a friend MoI was making its way into the mac and today he told me he bought it and another friend is really close to buy it too!! I think MoI will be very very popular between mac users cause there is no good solution for Nurbs modeling in this platform. btw I'm very exited for this release too!!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.86 In reply to 4737.85 
The mood is changing around my house too!!!

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.87 In reply to 4737.86 
You should really get some sleep Burr you look terrible........and that hat doesn't suit you at all ;)

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.88 In reply to 4737.87 
Not the first time I've been referred to as "StoneFace!" :o RAPANUI!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.89 In reply to 4737.84 
Hi Michael,

>I think it should probably be pretty easy for me to get it to open up with the OSX TextEdit.app instead of Wine Notepad.
Fine, if there are no text encoding problems between the two different operation systems.

Speaking of dressing up MoI.app :) I found all icons in the ui/icon folder except for those that seem to be supplied by the Windows system like the attached ones.

I don't know if it's worth the effort but if I want to do it is there a possibility to exchange those myself?

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.90 In reply to 4737.89 
Hi Martin,

> I found all icons in the ui/icon folder except for those that
> seem to be supplied by the Windows system like the
> attached ones.

Those particular ones are actually built into the resources section of the moi_lib.dll file, just because the licensing terms of the icon library they come from said they needed to be distributed that way.

You can override them by placing in files in the /ui/icons folder with the following names:

fileicon.png
saveicon.png
undoicon.png
redoicon.png
deleteicon.png

Those should usually be 64x64 PNG images with alpha channel.

If the icon loader finds files that you have created with those names inside the /ui/icons folder it will use them instead of the resource-embedded image for those ones.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.91 In reply to 4737.90 
Hi Michael,

thats great, thanks. Following your straightforward naming rules I suppose the names of the following icons

are

optionsicon.png
helpicon.png
openicon.png
saveasicon.png
newicon.png
importicon.png
exporticon.png

Correct?

I like the icons you made but not the ones Bill Gates designed ;-)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
One more question:

Can MoI be closed by a script?
I would like to assign the standard Apple shortcut cmd+Q for closing an app (For the time beeing it would be Alt+Q).

I use that shortcut all the time.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.93 In reply to 4737.91 
Hi Martin,

> optionsicon.png
> helpicon.png
> openicon.png
> saveasicon.png
> newicon.png
> importicon.png
> exporticon.png
>
> Correct?

Yup, those look correct. There are also 3 more like that on the Edit palette in the side pane:

copyclipboardicon.png
pasteicon.png
historyicon.png

> I like the icons you made but not the ones Bill
> Gates designed ;-)

Those ones are not actually stock MS icons, they're part of an icon set from a professional icon designer. I guess they're getting a little bit out of style though, I may look into replacing them at some point.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.94 In reply to 4737.92 
Hi Martin,

> Can MoI be closed by a script?
> I would like to assign the standard Apple shortcut cmd+Q for
> closing an app (For the time beeing it would be Alt+Q).

Put the following script in for the command part of the shortcut key for that:

script: /* Exit MoI */ moi.ui.mainWindow.close();

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.95 In reply to 4737.94 
Michael great job as usual, thanks for the OSX version. I am currently testing it on an iMac 24" OSX 10.7.2 2.8 GHz. Core 2Duo/ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB/4Gigs ram. It runs great so far with a few exceptions the app will not hold any customized settings like full screen on launch, UI size, grid colors, show axis icon it reverts back to the default settings on start up. I normally run Moi on a 2008 macbook unibody via Bootcamp and Win 7. I look forward to testing it on the Macbook when I get back home. I will report back. I have attached some test images. The flow worked like a charm, the array started to slow things up a bit but I suppose that is to be expected.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.96 In reply to 4737.95 
Hi phlatt5th, thanks for testing it!

Re: settings not sticking - I think that depends on which method you use for exiting - if you exit by clicking the red close button on the upper left area of the window it should have settings saved on exit, but not if you do it doing quit by the dock icon instead. I'd like to fix that, but for the moment use the upper-left control for your settings to persist.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.97 In reply to 4737.96 
The UI settings now hold when I exit using the upper left button. Thanks for the tip. A few more questions, I would like to use some of the scripts on the resource page is that possible? especially the spacebar fullscreen under cursor one (PS I am so used to it I click on it looking for the same reaction in other 3D apps LOL) and where is the commands folder kept? How would I get it to remember the full screen on launch?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.98 In reply to 4737.97 
Hi phlatt5th,

> A few more questions, I would like to use some of the
> scripts on the resource page is that possible?

Yeah pretty much all the scripts should work exactly the same in the OSX version. The only one that probably won't work is the import point file one since it uses a Windows system component for reading a text file in. At some point I'll provide some text file services for scripts so that can be made to work as well.

But other than that one script I think every other one ought to work, please let me know if you find any that don't.

> especially the spacebar fullscreen under cursor one

It should work - please let me know if it doesn't.

> How would I get it to remember the full screen on launch?

It doesn't seem like the window size will stick right now, that's probably the only setting that doesn't. I'll look into that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.99 In reply to 4737.98 
>> How would I get it to remember the full screen on launch?

>It doesn't seem like the window size will stick right now, that's probably the only setting that doesn't. I'll >look into that.

is there a window menu on the menu bar when running moi?
if so, is there an a window->zoom menu choice?

if so :) , try clicking the green button at the top left of the moi window (maximize) then go window->zoom..

you should be able to resize the window to your liking now and it will be remembered across sessions.

[lots of ifs in this :) ..but this does work in certain other osx apps that can't remember their size]
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4737.100 In reply to 4737.94 
Thank you Michael.
Alt+Q script: /* Exit MoI */ moi.ui.mainWindow.close();
works fine and closing the app by cmd-Q also remembers the settings.
It takes about five seconds until Moi actually closes by the way. But I guess thats because X11 is also closing in the background.

I'm glad you provided a straightforward way to customize the MoI Icons.

EDITED: 27 Nov 2011 by MARTIN3D

Image Attachments:
Size: 163.2 KB, Downloaded: 59 times, Dimensions: 1153x959px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-120  121-140  141-160  161-180