MoI on Android tablet?

Next
I don't know if this has been visted before and I know MoI won't run on Mac OS, but due to my great ignorance, can some tell me if MoI will run on a Anroid powered tablet?

Thanks,

Michael T.
Michael Tuttle a.k.a. mictu http://www.coroflot.com/DesignsByTuttle
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4582.2 In reply to 4582.1 
Hi Michael T - no MoI won't run on an Android Tablet.

MoI is a Windows program, and an Android Tablet is a 100% completely different operating system than a Windows machine. Almost everything including from the operating system itself to the actual CPU that runs the computer is different.

The only thing that will run on an Android tablet is software that has been developed specifically for Android, or web site apps that run only within the web browser. It's not possible to run Windows apps directly on an Android tablet.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4582.3 In reply to 4582.2 
Thanks Michael G. for the reply.

Michael T.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
As was posted elsewhere on this forum, I'm using Splashtop Remote HD for Android and it works quite well.

Advantage is you can use the power of your desktop computer, installed ram, installed programs etc. and you can use MoI in bed. :)

Downside is I don't find it nearly as comfortable as using the desktop due to smaller icons, buttons and screen size in general.
Also some things such as mid. mouse button and certain keys aren't supported on my Android but you can re-map etc. as a workaround.

Here's a screen cap of my Transformer running MoI B3 remotely:

EDITED: 29 Jun 2022 by SBEECH

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4582.5 In reply to 4582.4 
Thanks danperk!

Michael T.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
MOI3D great program. But as said earlier, it is not enough for Android and iOS. Nothing in 2013 did not port it was placed on the tablet device. Well say if some tablets now performs better than a number of low-cost laptops and even desktops. I like the Acer A701 (5 cores on board 2 GB RAM Nvidea Tegra GPU). In addition to the plates have a great opportunity to use the pen for input, which is very convenient!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4582.7 In reply to 4582.6 
Hi Altus3D - Android is a very different system than a PC, it runs on a different CPU and programs are even written in a different programming language.

So an Android port would be a very time consuming and extensive activity, probably something like several years of work in total length.

It's not really something that makes any sense for a very small single person development shop like myself to attempt to do.

It doesn't really matter how cool it would be to have it, it just simply isn't feasible for one person to tackle many different multi-year work projects all at the same time, there are only 24 hours in the day and I would need some several hundred hours in the day in order to do what you are describing.

When you have limited development resources, it really helps a lot to try and focus on a smaller number of things, already just keeping track of Windows and Mac is a huge amount of work itself, I don't think you really understand the immense quantity of additional work that you're asking for me to do here... There is simply no way that it is possible.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4582.8 In reply to 4582.7 
Altus3D, while porting to Android isn't really feasible given Michael's time and resources (and the work that would be required... I know, I've done it before), there's another option you could consider: running Moi3D remotely:

http://mobiputing.com/2012/03/onlive-desktop-lets-you-run-windows-apps-on-ipad-android-tablets/
http://mashable.com/2012/11/19/apps-control-laptop/

Or, theoretically, you might be able to use WINE for Android in the future (but I doubt the performance would be good enough):

http://www.technologybrunch.com/wine-for-android-soon-you-will-be-able-to-run-windows-apps-on-android.html

Cheers,

Eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi there,

I use to have Moi 3D folder copies over my Android phone. Connect my Android to a computer with the USB port and use the phone as a hard drive and start moi from there.

But for that, you need a computer, if you don't have access to it, then it is a bummer.

Moi does run fine a small windows 8 tablet, I use the Samsung 500t model, its running windows 8 and NOT the RT version.

EDITED: 15 Mar 2013 by SPACELAND

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4582.10 In reply to 4582.9 
Hi Denis, how is it that MoI can run on RT? Does it have an emulator?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4582.11 In reply to 4582.10 
oops, forgot to type not in front, corrected. it does not.

Denis
| CorelDraw Grahics Suite X6 | Daz Carrara Pro 8 | Moi 3D V2 |Cinema 4D R14 |

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All