Integration with Scan&Solve

Next
Hi Michael,

I was wondering if you have thought about contacting the Scan & Solve folks to see about integration with MoI. That is an up and coming FEA package that is low cost. It is only available with Rhino currently but it probably wouldn't be much of a stretch to have it integrate with MoI. This could provide a lot of value for people.

Anthony
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4503.2 In reply to 4503.1 
Hi Anthony, actually it takes a lot of work to support other developers adding extensions into a program - I would need to do a lot of time helping them debug their extensions, and provide a lot more documentation and examples to help them understand how to do it as well. Because of the substantial amount of work involved, that kind of "third party" extensions are not really a focus for me at this point in time with MoI.

That could change in the future when more of the core areas of MoI are further fleshed out. But for now my main energy is focused on improving MoI more for regular users rather than focusing on supporting developers right now.

Have you asked the Scan & Solve people if they are interested in working on a stand-alone version instead of one that requires a plug-in to another program?

That would probably make the most sense since then they would work with a whole variety of different programs, like maybe anything that could export a 3DM file, rather than being limited to only run within one specific modeling program.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4503.3 In reply to 4503.2 
Hi Michael,

As I was reading your post it occurred to me Scan&Solve is completely embedded into Rhino. I was thinking of something where you just transferred a model back and forth. I haven't asked them about a standalone version, however, given they are completely embedded into Rhino they probably are a long way from a standalone version. They are still working on the basics of FEA. That was what I had talked to them about. Good suggestion though, I will ask them.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All