Distance command

Next
Michael,

I've installed your distance command and it works fine but I notice a couple of thing, first when I use it on freshly saved file, it marks the file as modified and though I don't really care I believe it would be nicer if it didn't do that. Second, I notice also that the precision displayed by the command seem to be limited to 2 decimal places, it would be nice if it could use the current "decimal display" precision.

Just some suggestion if you can find the time.

Regards,
Felix
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4331.2 In reply to 4331.1 
Hi Felix - which version of the Distance command are you using, can you post it here? There were a couple of slightly different versions floating around.

It is possible to edit the command to set the precision to a specific value, see this previous post for a description on how to alter the command file to do that:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3536.2

Maybe the version that you're using was set to a specific precision - if the precision is just not specified at all in the control it should use the "decimal display" precision from global settings.

> it marks the file as modified and though I don't really care
> I believe it would be nicer if it didn't do that.

Right now that will happen as a side effect of displaying the line between the endpoints while you are in the command.

It's probably possible to avoid that by not displaying any line connecting the 2 points as you move the mouse around - if you post the particular version that you're using I can modify it to do that if you want.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4331.3 In reply to 4331.2 
Michael,

I've join the custom distance file as requested. But beside the precision thing I like the temp line that's created more then I dislike having to save the file, so I suggest not doing anything to that part.

While you check this out, I'll check the reference you gave, may that will do just fine. Give me a few minutes to check it out.

Thanks,
Felix

edit: It seems I have an old version of the command, the htm file doesn't use "class" or "style" for the "TD's"

edit #2 I've modified the htm file to show fixed 4 decimal place and I can live with that but I still think it would be nicer if the command would reflect the option setting automatically. (Included new htm file)

EDITED: 13 Jun 2011 by FELIX

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4331.4 In reply to 4331.3 
Hi Felix - here's a version that should use the settings from options, both for "Decimal display", as well as "Show trailing zeros".

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4331.5 In reply to 4331.4 
Michael,