shortcut assignments
All  1-2  3-12

Previous
Next
3808.3 In reply to 3808.1 
Hi Snead, I've got the numpad issue tuned up for MoI v3. In MoI v3 you'll be able to
set up a shortcut key that is triggered only by the numpad and not by the same character on the main keyboard.

This will be done by adding in the word Numpad before the key label in the shortcut key editor, like: Numpad3 or Numpad*

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3808.4 In reply to 3808.3 
Thank you, Michael. These shortcuts work beautifully.

These and other shortcuts allow me to put all my views on the numpad in a pattern
that allows me to select them almost without thinking. I use Moi along side a couple of other
softwares. Having a shortcut pattern that is consistent between them is invaluable.

I know you get bombarded with lots of requests from users with individual requests and suggestions.
Your response to mine was unexpectedly fast and most appreciated.

I will try not to pester you too much.

Snead
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3808.5 In reply to 3808.4 
Michael,

I have used the shortcuts that you listed above and assigned to Numpad keys in V2. They have worked perfectly.
Now that I downloaded the V3 beta, they do not work in the V3 beta. They still work in V2.

Is it possible to solve this?

Rich
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3808.6 In reply to 3808.5 
Michael,

I just reread your original post, and noticed what I should have noticed before, ie. include Numpad in the script.

It works fine now.

Thanks for this.

Rich
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3808.7 In reply to 3808.6 
Hi Rich, yeah that's a new feature in v3 that you can assign shortcuts to the numpad separately from the main keyboard number keys. So there are these new key names you can use for that:

Numpad0  Numpad1  Numpad2   ...   Numpad9
  Numpad*  Numpad+  Numpad,   Numpad-  Numpad.  Numpad/

However, there is one bug with it - v2 does not understand these key names and if you launch v2 and it reads the same moi.ini file as v3, it will read in all the keyboard shortcuts but will throw out these numpad ones which it does not understand. And then when it shuts down it will write the keyboard shortcuts back out again so if you open up v2 at some point it will have a side effect that you will lose these numpad key shortcuts.

I'm going to fix that up at some point here so that v3 will use a separate section of the moi.ini file to store these shortcuts that v2 does not understand but until then you may want to make a backup of your moi.ini file so that you can easily restore it if you happen to run v2 and it wipes out your numpad shortcuts. You can find where the moi.ini file is by going to Options > General and push the "Edit .ini file" button - the dialog that pops up has the location of the moi.ini file displayed.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3808.8 In reply to 3808.7 
That is cool, I have a numpad on my laptop...

Peace,
Rich_Art. ;-)

| C4DLounge.eu | Our Dutch/Belgium C4D forum. |
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hey, cool, those separate numpad keyboard shortcuts will make a Blender user's life easier in MoI, thanks!

In case you're a Blender user, like me, you might want to check out this thread with Blender keyboard shortcuts for MoI:
http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6347.1

EDITED: 9 Dec 2013 by SEVENSHEAVEN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3808.10 In reply to 3808.2 
Hey guys, it's been a while.
So I came back to moi after a long period of inactivity (I've been modeling in Blender the most lately), to make my actual first commercial 3D model in MoI

I was setting up my V3 non beta last night and I was trying these scripts, and although they do set the view right, the toggle part of the script doesn't seem to be working anymore.
If I understand correctly these are supposed to reverse the view (from top>bottom, left>right etc.) right? Did I do something wrong or did anything change that broke the toggling part of the script?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3808.11 In reply to 3808.10 
Hi Duarte, welcome back!

> If I understand correctly these are supposed to reverse the view (from top>bottom, left>right etc.)
> right? Did I do something wrong or did anything change that broke the toggling part of the script?

Actually these scripts from the above post (http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3808.2) are meant to just go to one specific view so you can set a specific key to go always immediately to the Back view for example, without needing to do any toggle.

Here are some that will work with a toggle type action, these will set the view to maximized or if already maximized it will toggle it.

Set maximized Top view or toggle Top/Bottom:
script:var vname = 'top'; var vp = moi.ui.mainWindow.viewpanel; if ( vp.mode == vname ) vp.reverseView( vname ); else vp.mode = vname;

Set maximized Front view or toggle Front/Back:
script:var vname = 'front'; var vp = moi.ui.mainWindow.viewpanel; if ( vp.mode == vname ) vp.reverseView( vname ); else vp.mode = vname;

Set maximized Right view or toggle Right/Left:
script:var vname = 'right'; var vp = moi.ui.mainWindow.viewpanel; if ( vp.mode == vname ) vp.reverseView( vname ); else vp.mode = vname;

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3808.12 In reply to 3808.11 
Oh sorry for the misunderstanding, I was under the impression it was supposed to toggle.
Anyway thanks a lot for those new scripts, they come really in handy. The toggling function really helps a lot, with that option I can really free up a lot of hot keys for other functions,

Many thanks!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-12