Hello I'd like to make like this image.

Next
Hello.

I'd like to make like this image the cymbals.

And then bend I want.

Plz advice

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3728.2 In reply to 3728.1 
Hi Tim, currently MoI does not have a function to deform a shape by starting with an initially straight shape and then bending it. So if that's what you need to do you'll need to instead use some other program that does that kind of stuff for that particular model.

Rhino has a bend tool that you could use for that, or also you could generate a straight shape in MoI and then export that to a poly mesh based program, many of which have those kinds of deformation tools in them (it's generally easier technically to deform a poly model than a NURBS solid model).

I do want to work on adding in some deform tools like that in the future in MoI though.

But for now I don't think that MoI will easily do what you need for this particular case.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Just used mainly array along curve and loft. Took 10 mins.
Image Attachments:
Size: 242.9 KB, Downloaded: 161 times, Dimensions: 500x500px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3728.4 In reply to 3728.3 
Looks good Steve!

Late last night I was thinking that you could use array curve to get pieces like that but I was thinking of then booleaning things together - your method of using Loft to build a surface from all the pieces looks great since it is all nice and smooth.

So Tim, because MoI does not have a bend or deform type tool yet instead of trying to draw something like this as a complete straight shape and then bend it, you instead can actually construct it more "in place" as an already bent shape.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3728.5 In reply to 3728.4 
Hi Michael,

It did turn out OK.

I would be dubious of creating that shape as straight and then using a bend deformer on it, as the rads on the pipe would tend to get flattened and probably get overlapping/self intersecting surfaces.

- Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All