Quick Educational license question for Michael

Next
I am interested in purchasing MOI, and am a student and qualify for educational pricing through studica.com.

My question is whether I will be able to update my student version to V2 by paying the update price once V2 is released, or if I will need to purchase V2 at full or student pricing (effectively losing the cost of the V1 student license). I am prepared to wait, but would like to continue using MOI and the Skup and .SAT export are critical for me to use the program for my studies and work.

Also, is the current beta still working (I notice the expiration date has passed)? (EDIT: My mistake. I misunderstood the date mentioned in the forum announcement for the Beta to be the date it ended. I see now that it was in fact the day it was made available. - Thanks!)

BTW, I am on internship in Seattle and live like two blocks from you in Ballard. Small world! I have turned the small design firm I am working with onto MOI and I expect they will be purchasing a license in the coming weeks. They love the software and that it is actively developed right down the road.

Thanks,
Mike Webb

EDITED: 25 Apr 2010 by MIKEW

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3502.2 In reply to 3502.1 
Hi Mike, sorry I forgot to reply to your message yesterday - I read it but then had to run off before replying and forgot to get back to it until today.

The full version prices (non-edu) will be V1 = $195, V2 full version = $295, V2 upgrade = $100. So that works out nicely that you can purchase a non-edu V2 upgrade for just the difference in price between v1 and v2.

The educational prices for v2 have not been set yet, but the prices are probably not going to add up in the same "exact difference" way for the edu ones, for example I'm not even sure if the edu base price for v2 will be going up, it might not.

So most likely the price of v1 edu + v2 edu upgrade will add up to more than waiting to just get the v2 edu full version.

That's cool that we're in the same neighborhood! I'd love to see what you guys are doing with MoI!

Where are you going to college?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3502.3 In reply to 3502.2 
Thanks for the information. I was a bit too eager and went ahead and purchased the edu license for V1 before I heard back from you. I will just pay the upgrade cost after V2 is released, and still feel like I got a deal on such a great bit of software. I used the beta today and am really excited about it. I was looking at purchasing Rhino and still might consider it while I am a student, but the new import/export features make MOI a stand alone application for my workflow.

I am a graduate student at Virgina Tech, but have been in Seattle for the last semester and will be back out here for the summer.

I will look into posting some of the stuff I have been using Moi for. It is far from advanced, but Moi has already proven to be a handy tool on a number of projects that would have either taken much longer or been more frustrating with other software solutions.

I look forward to being involved with this forum and following Moi's development for years to come.

Thanks,
Mike
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All