Text around cylinder.
All  1-16  17-20

Previous
Next
3385.17 In reply to 3385.16 
"Carrara can accept 3DM files (which it converts to polys automatically) but can not export 3DM files."

Thanks for that info Brian.
So based on that, Rhino is still really the only option for most of us to use until MoI gets some of those same Advanced Tools.
I'm happy to just wait & see what Michael has planed...everything will happen in it's own good time & more importantly it will then work correctly!
Roll on MoI V3.

regards Colin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3385.18 In reply to 3385.16 
Brian, I was only thinking of Amapi as sort of an intermediate program to perform a function that may not have been present at this time in Moi and then bring it back into Moi. Also, I was thinking of the Carrara 5 pro free version. Though I purchased Amapi 7.5 pro I remember that Amapi 5 was distributed as freeware- so my thoughts were something along the lines of using something that worked that wouldn't cost anything. I'm the kind of person that doesn't mind using discontinued software if it's working perfectly :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3385.19 In reply to 3385.18 
Carrara 5 Pro free is about as good a genuine comprehensive 3D App as any available.
In many respects, for the average user, far more comprehensive than the basic versions of any of the big name 3D apps.
Complements MoI very well. Far, far better than Amapi 7.5--- which I have.
Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3385.20 In reply to 3385.19 
when Carrara Studio changed hands I went to Modo. I'm still in baby steps mode- or maybe crawling :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-16  17-20