Some Basic Questions about MoI

Next
Hi,

I am new here. First off, gorgeous UI. Great work. Sketch up guys should sit down and think about how the user rotate objects in sketch up and in MoI.

I am planning to use MoI for drawing illustrations for our companies flight simulation stuff. Hence a lot of coordinate systems, arrows etc. Here are some questions :

1. Is it possible to specify arrow heads and line patterns ( e.g. dashed lines at least )
2. Is it possible to group and instance objects ? E.g. I would like to create one coordinate system, group it and then instantiate it many times in a scene.
3. Is it possible to specify colors for objects ?
4. Is it possible to create text objects ?

Thanks in advance

Devrim
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
308.2 In reply to 308.1 

1 2 3 Not yet :)
4 you must find a prod who export 3dm (Open Nurbs) or IGES IGS for import it in Moi:)

2 Bis Not Group but copy with Instance :) Copy with History : can make the same than a copy by instance
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=245.3

EDITED: 15 Jan 2007 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
308.3 In reply to 308.1 
Hi Devrim, thanks for your interest in MoI!

As Pilou mentioned, none of these are available in MoI right now.

You have to use MoI in conjunction with other programs to do the whole job right now - you can create your geometry inside of MoI, then export it to some other program to complete the illustration. At the moment, probably Rhino is the best choice for the finishing software, since the data goes over to Rhino most easily. It won't be too long before MoI will export to Adobe Illustrator format, which will then open up some more choices for the illustration finishing part - this is probably a few betas away.

I do expect for MoI to have all of these features that you are mentioning here, but it will probably be more like the V2 release. The V1 release is more narrowly focused just on creating geometry.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All