export only visible element

Next
hm... just a wish. what about export only visible element to 3dm --> than DXF.
(surfaces with solid fillet.)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2912.2 In reply to 2912.1 
Hi andras - do you mean writing only objects that are not currently hidden to a file?

That is possible with the Export command off the File menu, which is the shortened name for "Export selected objects".

Save As will save the entire file including hidden objects to a 3DM file, but Export will only write the objects that you have selected to a 3DM file.

Since hidden objects cannot be selected, you can just do a "Select All" (Ctrl+A) before doing the export, to generate a 3DM file that does not have the hidden objects written to it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2912.3 In reply to 2912.2 
My probleme is initially documtation. Well If I have got a house modell I would export to another software for documentation (dimensioning hatching etc.) And If I choose for example Left view of the house and start to import I will get Left and Right side as well in Dxf. And finally I have to start delete the redundant elemets from the Right side. Yes maybe I am too comfortable but. :(

I am thinking about viewport capture method what would look nice but the section makings would give me same probleme.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2912.4 In reply to 2912.3 
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2912.5 In reply to 2912.3 
Hi andras, I see what you mean now - what you want is a process called "hidden line removal".

That is definitely on the list to add in the future, but it will probably be part of a rather large set of work to have a 2d "paper-space" type mechanism. I'm not exactly sure when that will happen, hopefully some time in v3 though.

Some other software can help with the hidden line calculation currently though, have you given ViaCAD a try for this? To avoid the duplicated vectors, you generally do not want to just save the 3D model directly out to DXF, you need to generate a print sheet (or whatever it is called in the particular software) which will then have hidden lines removed and then export that print data rather than the full 3D data, if that makes sense.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2912.6 In reply to 2912.4 
Hi Andras,

> I would need like this :)
>
> http://en.wiki.mcneel.com/default.aspx/McNeel/ArchCut.html

Yes, that stuff in Rhino is also a good method to use currently to get this kind of a result.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All