multiple sweep?
 1-18  19-22

Previous
Next
Ah tried the two rail sweep and all its assorted options and get some geometry errors and the object gets split up. any ideas for a work around?

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2441.20 In reply to 2441.19 
I was wondering if a cheat could be to create the "Sheet of points" then pull or stretch the points around then trim out the shape after.

Would this manipulate that UV structure?

Burr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2441.21 In reply to 2441.20 
Hi burr,

> Would this manipulate that UV structure?

Yup, the UVs will basically follow the surface and if you stretch the surface out by control point editing the UVs will also stretch in the same way.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2441.22 In reply to 2441.19 
Hi Rob,

> any ideas for a work around?

You might try placing some additional profiles to force a specific connection between the rails at a good spot.

If you'd like to post or e-mail the .3dm model file with those curves in it, I can try to make an example for you.

One problem with sweep can be when the profile curves go along the rails at sort of different rates of speed, if you place another profile in the middle of the sweep or at a strategic location where they are not connecting up well, then that will force an additional "synchornization spot" to happen in that location which can tone down that kind of a problem.

Also currently MoI's sweep has a problem where it is sensitive to the control point spacing of the curves, I'm going to be doing an overhaul of sweep before v2 is finished to make it more focused on pure distance traveled along the curves rather than being sensitive to control point spacing.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-18  19-22