problem filleting a planar surface

Next
im tryin to fillet the planar surface of this shape, it can be very small but still the program wont do the fillet,
link to the pic of the shape

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3456/questionfilletsl8.jpg

i included the file, ill apreciate any help with this

thanks guys!
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2388.2 In reply to 2388.1 
Hi Jonzker, it looks like one of the previous fillets didn't do a completely proper job and left a little gap in the object.

One clue for this is with version 2.0 the "object type" readout in the upper-right corner of the window says that this object is a "Joined srf" rather than a "Solid" :

The problem seems to be along this edge here:

This object may need a bit of surgery in that area to repair it first before that fillet you want to do will work, I'll take a look to see if I can tune up this object.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2388.3 In reply to 2388.1 
Hi Jonzker - the regular filleter really does not like this shape very much, it seems to have a lot of problems with the area that is sloped out the most.

I was able to sort of deconstruct and re-construct the object by using surface/surface filleting and some manual surface trimming in that area that the regular edge-based filleter did not handle properly, I have attached the result here as question2.3dm .

This version should now be able to fillet that planar side, you can select the face there:

And then a fillet smaller than radius 1 (like 0.8 or something for example) should work on this version:

Looks like definitely something that needs to be tuned up in the filleter but I hope this tuned up version here will help you complete your current task at hand.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2388.4 In reply to 2388.3 
wow thanks michael,, ye that edge you pointed might be the trouble, i think my previous fillet created that gap and for some reason it didnt fillet the edge properly, thanks a bunch sir
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All