Box vs Rectangle

Next
Hi Michael,

Just noticed this whilst drawing a few rectangular objects, when drawing curve>Rect>center, dragging out the size shows me the width and height, say 10x10, but when I use Draw solid>Box>Center and try and draw a 10 X 10 X z box it actually shows half the value, width 5 height 5 and if I decide to type the value in I type 10 X 10 X z, it was confusing at first.

The funny thing is, it was there in V1 all along, should'nt the two behave the same ?

---------
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2171.2 In reply to 2171.1 
Hi Danny, yup that's a bug! I guess it slipped through since it was giving a kind of related value so it looked kind of reasonable at a glance.

But yeah it is supposed to give the full width and height like rect from center and plane from center were doing properly. Also it shouldn't report negative values for the tracking width and height either.

I've fixed this for the next beta.

The bug is in the UI so you can apply the fix pretty easily to the current release. Just take the attached BoxCenter.htm file and copy it over top of the old version in the \commands subfolder and then it should be working properly.

EDIT: Note - this fix should be only applied to a v2 beta, the v1 version of this fix see here: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2171.5

Thanks for reporting it!

- Michael

EDITED: 23 Nov 2008 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2171.3 In reply to 2171.2 
Easy fix, thanks Michael.

---------
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2171.4 In reply to 2171.2 
Hi Michael,

Would this fix only apply to the latest Beta or could it also be used to fix that same bug in V1, as Danny has mentioned?
Just wanting to clarify this, Thanks.

regards Colin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2171.5 In reply to 2171.4 
Hi Colin - that previous fix should only be applied to the v2.0 betas since there are some other changes in there for v2 to support feet & inches style units display in numeric fields. V1 won't understand the new field controls in there.

I've attached here a version that can be used to update v1 - unzip the attached BoxCenter_fix_v1.zip file and copy the BoxCenter.htm file over top of the old version in C:\Program Files\MoI 1.0\commands to update v1.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2171.6 In reply to 2171.5 
Michael,
Your beta releases are done so well I unloaded V1 along time ago. It cant do what the beta does even if I find a new bug.

Only if you dont release a new beta before this one expires... Then I'll be stuck trying to find v1! Darn it!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2171.7 In reply to 2171.5 
Hi Michael,

"that previous fix should only be applied to the v2.0 betas since there are some other changes in there for v2 to support feet & inches style units display in numeric fields. V1 won't understand the new field controls in there."

I'd figured as much, but just wanted to be doubly sure...especially if someone else was to think that they could fix their V1 using it...

Thanks for that V1 fix too.

regards Colin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All