Another global fillet trouble !

Next
Hello there,

here's a little example of strange filleting result that might maybe be improved (I hope).

First, I have the 'Add detail to inflection' actived, it's important because otherwise the feedback is too fast and you don't have the bug N° 1.

I'm trying to get a fillet for the 3 cubic holes of this object in once. Here are some different value/results using the circular fillet command.

1.2 works ok

1.0 ok

Bug N° 1

I decide to try a smaller one, 0.1 ... but MoI was taking a lot of time to calculate the result (because of the 'Add detail to inflection' on), so I cancel it ... after the cancel I run the fillet command agin, putting 1.0 again, but MoI doesn't give me the preview result, but only fillets where visible, the other part of the object is gone.

0.8 ok

0.6,0.4,0.2 shows only fillets

0.1 Moi take quite some time to compute.

It's the first time I have trouble when rising down the fillet size of an object.
Of course there are workarounds, for example by filleting the holes one by one ... or only filleting the vertical edges from the 3 holes, etc.
But still, it might be a little bit annoying if I have to fillet a more complex object with many holes like this.

Pascal.

EDITED: 3 Dec 2015 by PAQ

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1766.2 In reply to 1766.1 
Hi PaQ, thanks for posting the problem file! This one is kind of weird, it seems to be running into a bug in the geometry library involving trimming of a surface of revolution. I had noticed that bug looked like it has been fixed in the geometry library update that I am about to integrate, so I'm going to wait a bit to dig into this further until after that update is in place.

I think I'll be working on integrating that update soon, just after I finish implementing the SAT and STEP file format input and output which I am doing at the moment.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Ok, thanks for your reply !
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
The new Augustus beta has fixed this one !
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All