Making something for poser

Next
Hi
I'm trying to make something to import into poser and have been told that I cant use sharp angles as poser tries to smooth everything and objects will not look nice. I know that Moi lets me specify angles in the export option. Does anybody know how I should configure these settings?
Thanks
Keith
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
1732.2 In reply to 1732.1 
Hi Keith, at export time I would recommend moving the density slider a bit more over to the right, like to maybe the 3/4 mark or so.

That will create a higher density mesh which will probably help reduce smoothing problems.

It's also probably a good idea to switch the Output: option to Output: Quads & Triangles.

That will make MoI only export 3 and 4-sided polygons instead of many-sided polygons. Probably Poser does not like to use more than 4 sided polygons so you'll probably avoid some problems by changing that setting as well.

I think that would generally do the trick for you.

I'm not quite sure if your associate literally means no sharp angles whatsoever, because something very basic like a box will of course have some sharp angles in it. They probably wanted to have a slightly higher density of polygons in smoother areas, which is what moving that slider to the right will accomplish.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All