Artist no modeling background.

Next
Hello everyone

I am in awe of many of the models that have been submitted both to the gallery and those as WIP in the discussion forum.

Many of you haves skills that you bring to MOI and its fascinating reading your nurb wrangling and your polygon prattles. I aspire to know what it all means soon -- no doubt I'll get it some time or other.

In the meantime I am having an absolute ball making pictures.

At the moment I have no need to make a technically precise anything but when the time and the desire comes I'm hoping what I absorb here and what I learn by making models for my art will be enough to make the project something I could very realistically start.

MOI has been an immediate success for me and by that I mean it made me something within the first few goes that I could take away and make some art with - for me at this time I call that succeess.

By the way I have posted a challenge recommending your product in a couple of my art groups - specifiaclly to the ones that wanted to start making their own models and props.

It's been liberating making pictures that contain only my work and not other peoples models.

Thank you.

Kay - blurtsmum

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1626.2 In reply to 1626.1 
Hi Kay - welcome to the forum and to MoI!

You're doing a great job creating a bunch of things, and having a lot of fun - that is really great to see!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1626.3 In reply to 1626.1 
Hi Kay,
You artists create some trippy stuff, looks like you're having a ball, good on ya.
What renderer are you using ?

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1626.4 In reply to 1626.3 
Hello -- the alien series I'm working on was rendered in Vue 6 Studio

The abastract 3d doodle with red ball - which I have called tainted is rendered in Carrara

If I need good light, caustics and atmosphere I use Vue if not then I use Carrara becuse I can easily render real big for massive posters.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Welcome to the forums - I look forward to more of your refreshing different models and renders!

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All