Two questions......

Next
Hi Michael, could you help me out with this?

question one...

when drawing curves, theres the option to draw them using "though points", this is really handy when making a cage that can later be networked into a shape. But, once the lines have been drawn I may wish to edit them, so I click "show points" and all the points are no longer "though points" but "control Points", which is a pain because I often wish I could snap the actual curves and not its points....which are often far away from the curves that the influence. Is there a way to pick part of an actual curve and snap it to another object/spline?

Question two

I know how Join works, but is there a way to say rebuild to joined objects into one object, not 2 objects that are simple connected?

cheers!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1220.2 In reply to 1220.1 
Hi mushroomgod!

> Is there a way to pick part of an actual curve and snap it to another object/spline?

There is a way to pick a spot directly on a curve and drag it, check out this post for some information:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=744.16

You can also just redraw a brand new "through points" curve and use the new point for the newly drawn one.

I do want to make it possible to edit the original "through points" - that will come eventually with some more history editing functionality.

> I know how Join works, but is there a way to say rebuild to joined objects
> into one object, not 2 objects that are simple connected?

Sorry no, there is no way to do this currently. In V2 I want to work on a "Merge" command which would do this job.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
1220.3 In reply to 1220.2 
Ahhhh, cheers Michele, thats great!
  Reply Reply More Options