Report : bugs & another abnormal features
All  1-12  13-15

Previous
Next
1144.13 In reply to 1144.12 
Hi yannada - MoI uses the Solids++ geometry library. This is not the same one used by Alias or Rhino.

All of these engines are based off of the same basic type of NURBS math though, so I wouldn't say any particular one is any more globally "accurate" than any other. They can all contain accurate shapes in them.

Each engine tends to have strengths in the calculation of different particular areas though - one of Solids++ strengths is in boolean operations.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Message 1144.14 deleted 7 Dec 2007 by YANNADA

Previous
1144.15 In reply to 1144.13 
Micheal thanks for the link, I been doing some light reading and it all makes sense to me now.

My favorite bit > (in 1998 IntegrityWare, Inc. signed a joint marketing agreement with GeomWare, Inc and Solid Modeling Solutions. The result of this agreement was the beginnings of a new geometric modeling kernel that is a combination of technologies developed by IntegrityWare, Inc. and GeomWare, Inc. Under this agreement all three companies have the rights to market and sell this new kernel. Solid Modeling Solutions, Inc. took the lead in Marketing the kernel under the name "SMLib")

WOW some Very Bright Minds There.

The furure can only be Bright.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-12  13-15