Moi on Mac /parallal desktop ?

Next
On Mac computer with parallels desktop 3 et win xp home , directx9
All works except the created objects are all "black" !!! (color)
So not some very practical ;)
Some lights about that?
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1000.2 In reply to 1000.1 
Hi Pilou, it seems to be due to bugs in the Parallels DirectX emulation. This part of Parallels is just not up to the same level as the rest of their emulation system.

Hopefully they can improve it to work better.

The last time I looked in the Parallels discussion forum, it was full of posts of many games that crashed or did not work properly under the DirectX emulation, so it is not a problem limited to MoI.

Right now to run MoI on a Mac computer, you need to use Apple's boot camp so that you can boot to Windows instead of running under the emulation layer.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1000.3 In reply to 1000.2 
thx for the explanations :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1000.4 In reply to 1000.3 
when should we be expecting a native osx version.....
My personal opinion: none of the obove really works and trust me I have tried them all, in fact I have been trying since the 90's.
Yes bootcamp is the only one that you could trust but still a waste of time (for my workflow) model, render, mail and whatever in between about a dozen times a day..........sorry I didn't mean to hijack the topic but Apple did what they had to, switching to Unix, Intel... the rest is up to the software developers and Rhino among others are the first to follow.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1000.5 In reply to 1000.4 
Hi Yannada, it will be quite a long time (many years at minimum) before I could think of attempting any kind of native osx version.

I wish I could do it, but it will take quite a large amount of work, I just don't have the time or resources available to work on it anytime soon.

I have thought about doing some work to make MoI run better under Parallels, which would involve making an option for it to run using OpenGL instead of Direct3D. That is a far more achievable goal.

But it will still be a while before I'll even be able to work on that. There are still many new modeling features that I have placed at a higher priority than that for now.

Sorry,
- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1000.6 In reply to 1000.5 
Thanks for you reply and I agree top priority should be modeling features, But I must say OSX IS ALL THE MONEY.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1000.7 In reply to 1000.6 
I think OSX is great too!

But unfortunately I just don't have any experience in programming for it...

Since I have so limited resources, I have to be careful not to get spread too thin. If I try to do too many things it will all end up being mediocre. I have to be more focused and careful of where I spend my time to be able to get the best results.

Someday it will be great to try it, but if I had tried to do it for MoI version 1.0, I basically would only have half of the features that I currently do, it would never have really gotten off the ground.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1000.8 In reply to 1000.7 
I totally agree and all I can do to help is buying V1.0, I wish I was a programmer hehe.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All