MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Moi <> Blender !

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-54

24 Aug 2020   [#1]
https://github.com/TitusLVR/BMOI_Connector (not tested)

image by Stargazer

PS you have the same sort of thing with the free Rocket 3F ! ;)
https://rocket3f.com
24 Aug 2020   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Awesome, I will take a look on this. thanks.
25 Aug 2020   [#3]
Looks perfect.
25 Aug 2020   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi all,

I just wanted to point out that Blender import only works with V4 Beta because only the new version of MoI supports fbx 2016 version. So you need to set the FBX Export settings to 2016.
25 Aug 2020   [#5]
Hello Y'all,

I get only a vacant interface stub in Blender:

Somehow there doesn't seem to be much in the BMOI_Connector-master folder of the download.
Is there only one work file in the Blender addon: "__init__.py" ?

I did set the FXB option to 2016 in MOI.
Do I need to set a folder designation in Blender?

Your advice will be appreciated in the extreme.
- MindSet

Image Attachments:
Annotation 2020-08-25 170221.png  Annotation-2020-08-25-170335.png  Annotation-2020-08-25-171728.png 

25 Aug 2020   [#6]
Looks like you haven't renamed the folder.

2. Extract somewhere and rename extracted folder to "BMOI_Connector"
3. Copy "BMOI_Connector" folder to "C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.8x(2.9x)\scripts\addons"
25 Aug 2020   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Fantastic!
This is SO GREAT!
26 Aug 2020   [#8] In reply to [#7]
Win7 system can also use this plug-in, I tried
28 Aug 2020   [#9]
What is the difference between that and ODCopyPasteExternal? https://github.com/heimlich1024/OD_CopyPasteExternal
28 Aug 2020   [#10]
I tried but with Wine and Linux not works, for me the best way is via Nurbs surfaces, Blender has a solid nurbs code, that lacks only in the trimmed surfaces.
Below an ICEM surf model imported in Blender.

Image Attachments:
Aston_Martin_IcemSurf3.jpg 

28 Aug 2020   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Wait, wait, wait. Are you saying that plugin moves patches and curves from Moi3d to Blender? That would be insane. This is not a problem to trim all surfaces. Wow! I`m amazed :) I`ve thought that convert nurbs to polygons and moves geometry as OBJ/FBX file. I haven`t known that FBX can handle nurbs patches.
28 Aug 2020   [#12]
seems like I'm getting an error from the 97 bmoi.js file. any suggestions? thanks Val

28 Aug 2020   [#13] In reply to [#12]
Hi val,

re:
> seems like I'm getting an error from the 97 bmoi.js file. any suggestions? thanks Val

Are you running an older version of Moi or have you possibly copied an old version of the CommandBar.htm in place of the standard one in the current v4 beta?

That error looks like you are missing the piece of CommandBar.htm that's in v4.

- Michael
28 Aug 2020   [#14] In reply to [#11]
No this example is imported in blender with a special Blender's build, that import 3dm file. here more info about. https://blenderartists.org/t/branch-soc-2014-nurbs-update-to-master/1207889/

But what I suggest is Blender can handle well Nurbs and maybe the best way is using it's own native Nurbs code to exchange file and not the OBJ format
29 Aug 2020   [#15] In reply to [#14]
Thanks. I`ve tried it yesterday but I had shading errors even on simple surfaces.

How to use that native NURBS. Are you saying about writing own code?
29 Aug 2020   [#16] In reply to [#15]
Yeah because as can see Blender's nurbs are almost ready, in fact with 3dm build you can ready now import 3dm file into blender Nurbs geometry without meshing them. If use only surface modelling with boundary without trimming you can have the same surface inside Blender.

Image Attachments:
Moi3D.SurfNetwork.png  Moi3DNurbSurfInBlender.jpeg  Rhino_logo_nurbs.jpg 

29 Aug 2020   [#17] In reply to [#13]
>Are you running an older version of Moi or have you possibly copied an old version of the CommandBar.htm in place of the standard one in the current v4 beta?

>That error looks like you are missing the piece of CommandBar.htm that's in v4.

- Michael
Im using the latest beta but I'm using a modified commandbar.htm (it's the one to use the dark scheme I think, I forgot exactly, as too much time has passed since I swapped it out)
Not that it matters that much as I was just curious if the BMOI was more convenient.
29 Aug 2020   [#18] In reply to [#17]
Hi Val,

re:
> Im using the latest beta but I'm using a modified commandbar.htm (it's the one to use the dark scheme I think,
> I forgot exactly, as too much time has passed since I swapped it out)

The modified commandbar.htm is the reason for the error - it's because it's a modified older version and so it's missing something that was added later.

You can add in the missing piece by inserting this:

code:
				<span id="CommandBarCustomUI">
				</span>

It goes just after the snap buttons.

- Michael
29 Aug 2020   [#19] In reply to [#18]
Michael,
thanks, worked like a charm,
Val
29 Aug 2020   [#20]
This amazing connector worked v.4 only?