MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: utf-8 problem in language string

28 Mar   [#1]
I want to make a help window. Initially I was writing the help text in the called window. And everything worked fine.
But now I want to make the translation of the text in this window universal for available languages. To do this, I changed the structure of the help file by embedding the code so that the text is taken from the string file.

<moi:Text textid="SidePanel_v0">

In EN language everything works fine, but with RU encoding there were problems.

In the help file there is <meta charset="utf-8"> but apparently it has nothing to do with it.

I have attached a video:

Help me to solve it, Thanks

Attachments:
MoI_S5SPbmF9by.mp4

28 Mar   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Moi3dFan, what is the text encoding for your English_NoText_RuHelpStrings.txt file?

Is it saved in a Unicode format (like UTF-8 or UTF-16) with "Byte Order Mark"? If not then try that.

If that doesn't help please post the English_NoText_RuHelpStrings.txt file so I can reproduce what you show over here.

- Michael
28 Mar   [#3] In reply to [#1]
If a LanguageStrings.txt file has no byte order mark on it, it will assume that it's text in Windows-1252 format.

To avoid it from being processed as Windows-1252 format text, make sure the .txt file is saved in UTF-8 or UTF-16 format, with BOM (Byte Order Mark) set on it.

- Michael
28 Mar   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Oh, great! It worked!
Thanks so much