MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Trial Version on MacOS

10 Dec 2023   [#1]
Hi,

I would like to try Moi3D, compare workflow to Plasticity, I want to decide between the two, both seems to be great, but most of the people that I'm interested in their work seems to prefer Moi3D, also I watched some Youtube on Moi3D v5 beta (although in Russian I think) they look great.

I downloaded the trial version for MacOS, it just doesn't work and I just get Trial period expired, not sure how, also now all my Rhino files have Moi3D icons :)

I wonder if I can get a trial version for Moi3D v5 beta, otherwise I'm thankful also if I can get the trial I downloaded to works.

Thanks a lot for you help in advance.
10 Dec 2023   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi allochi,

re:
> I downloaded the trial version for MacOS, it just doesn't work and I just get Trial period
> expired, not sure how,

Can you please check that your system clock is set to the correct time and date?

> also now all my Rhino files have Moi3D icons :)

You can set which app will be used as the default for the OS by right click on a file, then "Get Info", then the "Open with" setting.

> I wonder if I can get a trial version for Moi3D v5 beta

Sorry no a beta version is not ready for sale yet, so it doesn't really make sense to have a trial version for it. Once it is a finished release then there will be a trial set up for it.

Thanks, - Michael
10 Dec 2023   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi Michael ,

Thanks for your reply,

- "Can you please check that your system clock is set to the correct time and date?"

It is set correctly, it's setup automatically by Apple server for my region.

- Icons

Yeah, thanks a lot, I did fix it, just thought it would be useful to mention that Moi3D did start, setup some system setting but then reported Trial expired without really getting used.

- Moi3D v5 Beta

I understand, thanks, but from the look of it, it seems it's going to be really cool release.

Any other checks or hints?

I'm actually watching some Moi3D Youtube modeling and it really getting me into the mood to give it a tryout :)

Thanks again.
10 Dec 2023   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi allochi,

re:
> just thought it would be useful to mention that Moi3D did start, setup some system
> setting but then reported Trial expired without really getting used.

Apple basically does that setup automatically when you copy an app into /Applications, there isn't much control over it.

> Any other checks or hints?

I've sent you a PM with an alternate trial version you can try instead. Just make sure your system date is set correctly before running it.

If it still doesn't work do you maybe have an anti-virus set up that could be blocking something?

Thanks, - Michael