MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Moi3D Cherub theme on Gumroad

6 Jan 2023   [#1]
When I first saw this Gui mod. I was like that looks so cool. So I bought it on Gumroad. Its the Cherub theme created by Luis Cherubini a high level Blender user. I really like it. I just dig that green. I have been learning so many things about Moi over the last couple years. But one thing that is so interesting to me is understanding how these internal files control the program. Going into the edit ini. files and trying different settings is so interesting. Question? Is there a way I could go into the edit ini. file and change the color of the icons in the Cherub theme. I do have that Moi GUI builder that Chip created. I 'm always so amazed what Moi3D can do. p.s. Does anyone know how that guy.....S2-3D.....youtuber is doing that intersection modeling. I can do the basic modeling technique. But can't quite figure out how to get the history working like in his video. Happy New Year Michael and all other Moi3D users. Wanted to add something. I have been creating many intersection models. And I do know how to tweak the main profile curves and watch them update. But just can't seem to do it like S2-3D... Maybe its the way he edited the video. Just looks so amazing.

Image Attachments:
1-6-2023 Moi3D Cherub Gui Crazy cool parts using Intersection tool.PNG 

6 Jan 2023   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Specktech,

re:
> Question? Is there a way I could go into the edit ini. file and change the color of the icons in the Cherub
> theme. I do have that Moi GUI builder that Chip created.

Usually icons come from PNG image files and not from a setting in moi.ini, so probably to change the icon color you would need to edit the icon images in a bitmap editing program.

Also one of the new things for the current MoI v5 beta is that there's a built in theme editor now, you can go to Options > General > "Manage themes" and you can then change various UI properties there.

You can get the v5 beta at: https://moi3d.com/beta.htm

- Michael
6 Jan 2023   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Thanks Michael, I do have version 5. Its really nice. I have been playing around with that gui builder that you put in version 5. I have the "Green Terminal" and the the new "Dark Version" I really have fun seeing all the different combinations of the GUI. Using Moi has made me so curious about Rhino. I will definitly have to get Rhino very soon. I have a trial of 7 and a version of 5. And its so cool the way Moi3D and Rhino communicate. They are like siblings. he he. Thanks for explaning that Gui question. Thanks again Michael. P.s. I read you were thinking of adding a cage edit function in Moi. Did you ever create that function. I figured out a way to do it in moi. But that cage edit in Rhino is very cool. Always admire what you do in Moi3D.
6 Jan 2023   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi SpecTech,

re:
> I read you were thinking of adding a cage edit function in Moi. Did you ever create that function.

I haven't created it yet but it's still on my "todo" list.

Thanks, - Michael
6 Jan 2023   [#5] In reply to [#4]
I was just peeking at that Gui V5 a little closer. Wow I did not realize you made it so detailed. That is really awesome. Absolutley amazed at the functionality of Moi3D.

I had this question that I can't quite figure out. When I save my files in Moi3D. with the .3dm format.

Now that I have Rhino trial version's loaded. All my Moi files save as Rhino files.

I can save my Moi files as STEP files, to keep them seperate from Rhino files.

I'm still in trial with no save with Rhino. And I always have to right click on my Moi files and select open with Moi. They always get squashed by Rhino.

They always save with the Rhino logo. Sure would like my Moi files to open first priority. And then open with Rhino when I want.

Hard to explain with a few words. Any ideas how to make this work. Thanks so much for all your tips and hard work Michael.
6 Jan 2023   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hi Specktech,

re:
> They always save with the Rhino logo. Sure would like my Moi files to open first priority.
> And then open with Rhino when I want.

That's something that you set in the operating system to tell it which program you want to handle .3dm files.

The details of how you do it are a little different depending on your operating system, are you running on Windows or Mac?

- Michael
6 Jan 2023   [#7] In reply to [#6]
I'm currently running windows.
6 Jan 2023   [#8] In reply to [#6]
Hi Specktech, so on Windows when you right click on the file in a File Explorer window, there will be a menu that pops up which has an "Open with" sub menu under it.

Go into the "Open with" sub menu and at the bottom of it there's a menu item "Choose default program..." . Pick that to open up a dialog that will allow you to set the default program. Set the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" checkbox on the dialog.

This stuff is called "File associations" and there is some more info on setting them here:
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-change-file-associations-in-windows-2624477

- Michael
6 Jan 2023   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Awesome, Thank you so much for that info. I always spread the word about Moi3D. I always tell people to check out that wiki. And Pilou's elephant repository. Thanks again. p.s. I found this podcast that you did about 10 years ago on the internet. So cool hearing you explain your path and about the development of Moi3D. That was a really good conversation. Have a good one Michael.
6 Jan 2023   [#10] In reply to [#9]
Thanks! :)

- Michael