MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V5 beta May-22-2022 available now

Show messages:  1-4  5-24  25-44  45-64  65-84  …  145

22 May 2022   [#5]
Re tested the free Rocket 3F and its bridge to Moi3D
Works like a charm with the new V5 with "subdivided" object or not!
In the 2 ways! Rocket 3F <--> Moi3D

A cool alternative of the Blender one who is maybe not so easy! :)

23 May 2022   [#6] In reply to [#1]
Looks like the Chamfer regression bug has been fixed.

Thanks!
23 May 2022   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi RD,

re:
> Looks like the Chamfer regression bug has been fixed.

Yep, that turned out to be from a change in v4 to have chamfer make analytic plane surfaces for chamfer surfaces when possible and that uncovered a bug in analytic plane/plane surface intersection that is now fixed.

- Michael
24 May 2022   [#8] In reply to [#7]
Wonderful. Thanks for taking the time to fix the issue. Looking forward to the V5 release version!
28 May 2022   [#9]
Finally added release notes for this build. - Michael
28 May 2022   [#10] In reply to [#9]
Cool!
The French version is here
https://moiscript.weebly.com/nouveauteacutes-v5.html

PS you don't speak about the flikering of the Max SMirnov Subdive functions! ;)
28 May 2022   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Hi Pilou,

re:
> PS you don't speak about the flikering of the Max SMirnov Subdive functions! ;)

Yes, sometimes it's a bit difficult to make a simple description of a change. Sometimes I leave out a few things if they were like that especially if I've already told the person who reported it that there is a fix prepared for the next release.

- Michael
29 May 2022   [#12] In reply to [#11]
No problem! :)
29 May 2022   [#13]
Michael,
There is a minor problem with both beta releases, in that the full screen window is too big and it partially overlaps the Windows 11 task bar at the bottom of the screen.
Barney
30 May 2022   [#14] In reply to [#13]
Hi Barney, does it also happen with MoI v4 as well? Can you please e-mail me a screenshot at moi@moi3d.com ?

Thanks, - Michael
30 May 2022   [#15] In reply to [#14]
No, Version 4 is OK
I'm sending the screen shot under my real Name(!)
30 May 2022   [#16]
My perspective on this issue:

MoI 4, 5beta1, and 5beta2 were filling up the screen completely.
But, by hitting the Windows 11 upper double box at the top left, (The Maximize/Restore icon) to the right of the minimize dash, then draging the reduced MoI window left, then right,
all 3 such MoI versions then leave the Windows 11 task bar at the bottom of the screen.

- Brian

Hovering over the Window 11 Maximize/Restore icon in Windows 11, pops up 6 possible window pane varieties. (Customizable???)
For Windows 11, the Window Maximize/Restore icon in MoI 5 beta does not have this hovering behavior.
(I am speaking from much ignorance :-)

Is this some new feature of Windows 11?
YES, it is called snap layouts.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/desktop/modernize/apply-snap-layout-menu

(I am already getting annoyed by the Windows 11 "weather report +" button at lower left popping up on my screen " :-( )
30 May 2022   [#17] In reply to [#15]
Hi barney,

re:
> No, Version 4 is OK
> I'm sending the screen shot under my real Name(!)

So in the screenshot the main MoI window looks like it is not overlapping the task bar, the problem is that the bottom toolbar is getting a vertical scroll bar on it. This is likely a side effect from a UI mod since your UI has some modifications on it.

Please e-mail me your startup scripts folder and any other files that you have changed in the UI and I will see if I can adjust the mod for you to stop that from happening.

- Michael
31 May 2022   [#18] In reply to [#9]
I've look but cannot find the release notes.

Groups (something I asked for early on) are looking good.

Thanks much.

Frederick
31 May 2022   [#19] In reply to [#18]
Hi Frederick, release notes for this version are at the first message of this thread, here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=10706.1

Also the release notes for all v5 beta releases are collected here:
http://moi3d.com/wiki/V5Beta

- Michael
31 May 2022   [#20] In reply to [#1]
If possible I would like to see a way of exporting a group as individual STLs, for each object, with the file name composed of the group name and the object name concatenated, perhaps using some sort of user defined pattern. The pattern would allow a tag for the group name and the object name plus other literal characters.

This would really benefit my workflow.

As I develop a product I usually progress through various versions. If by placing the objects of a given version in a group, named after the version, I could export all the STLs needed for a selected version with the version information in the file name.

In V4 I have to include the version information in the name of each object. Moving to the next version of a product involves editing the name of each and every object, since I want the version info in the STL file name. As you can imagine that is tedious and error prone.

Thanks.

Frederick
31 May 2022   [#21] In reply to [#20]
Hi Frederick,

re:
> If possible I would like to see a way of exporting a group as individual STLs, for each
> object, with the file name composed of the group name and the object name
> concatenated, perhaps using some sort of user defined pattern. The pattern would
> allow a tag for the group name and the object name plus other literal characters.

The group structure is accessible to script so It should be possible to make a script that would do that.

I would need to see an example file with groups set up and the corresponding desired output to make sure I understand what it's supposed to do and you would need to specify in more detail how the user defined pattern would function.

Also if the file names were generated in this way how would you want to specify the directory for where to place the files, would that be expected to be in the group name?

- Michael
31 May 2022   [#22] In reply to [#21]
Hi Michael,

Attached is a simple file with ONE group and THREE objects.

I envision selecting the GROUP and then executing a EXPORT STL command.

Each OBJECT in the GROUP would be exported as a separate STL file.

The destination folder would be determined by a option within the 3DM file itself (as opposed to a option within MOI) . This option would be specified by the user and it would be saved with the file.

The name of each file would be determined by another "file option" which would determine how the file name would be constructed from the GROUP name and the OBJECT name.

I can see having some sort of tokens representing things like the GROUP name, the OBJECT name and anything else you think would be good.

So lets say the tokens for the two above were $G for GROUP name and $O for OBJECT name.

They would be used, along with literals, to create a template used to construct the file name.

With a template of $G_$O and using the attached 3DM file the file names would become:

Group A_Sphere 1.stl
Group A_Sphere 2.stl
Group A_Sphere 3.stl

Hope that makes it clear what I am thinking of.

Frederick

Attachments:
MOI 5 GROUP TEST.3dm

31 May 2022   [#23] In reply to [#22]
Hi Frederick,

re:
> The destination folder would be determined by a option within the 3DM file itself (as opposed to
> a option within MOI) . This option would be specified by the user and it would be saved with the file.
>
> The name of each file would be determined by another "file option" which would determine how
> the file name would be constructed from the GROUP name and the OBJECT name.

Unfortunately there is not a mechanism in place currently to have this custom "file option" type data.

So those parts are not feasible in the current version.

- Michael
1 Jun 2022   [#24] In reply to [#23]
Hi Michael,

OK so how about, for now, using the existing app level option file?

Or even hard-coding into the script?

Frederick

Show messages:  1-4  5-24  25-44  45-64  65-84  …  145