MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Wacom Pen Delay | Orbit & Pan

Show messages: All  1-6  7-9

27 Jan 2022   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi Berube, thanks for sending the video, that helps me understand.

That happens because MoI does different things in some cases when you do a press and release (click) versus when you do a press and drag.

When you initially click down, MoI will go into a kind of "wait and see" mode where if you release the button it will do a click action or if you move the mouse far enough with the button still down it will do a drag action.

But for the Orbit with Alt+Left drag, there isn't anything that happens with a click so it will go into directly into view manipulation without any "wait to see if it's a drag or click" happening.

You should get the same immediate behavior for Pan and Zoom if you use Alt+Shift+Left drag for pan and Alt+Ctrl+Left for zoom instead of using middle or right buttons there.

The behavior with Alt+Middle and Alt+Right has been like this since MoI v1, it isn't any recent change in v4.

But I think I should be able to set Alt+Middle and Alt+Right to behave like Alt+Left though since there isn't anything special happening for a click versus drag there so the "wait to see if it's a drag or up" step should be feasible to skip there as happens for Alt+left currentlly.

I'll see about setting that up for the first v5 beta.

- Michael
27 Jan 2022   [#8] In reply to [#7]
Hello Michael,

Thank for the very thorough answer. Very good.

I can confirm that using Alt+Shift+Left gets rid of the delay. Nice and zippy. Great to see!

I've been navigating in multiple 3D software for so long that re-wiring my muscle memory will be hard.
It's also because I use multiple 3D packages all at the same time, I want them to have all the same navigation controls so the creative process is seamless.

Is there something I could modify in the .ini file to eliminate the "Wait and See" item?

Thanks for the legendary customer service. Seriously.

Best,

-Berube
27 Jan 2022   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Hi Berube,

re:
> Is there something I could modify in the .ini file to eliminate the "Wait and See" item?

Sorry no there isn't anything currently set up that can modify that particular behavior.

I'll get it tuned up for v5 though and I hope to get going with v5 betas soon.

- Michael

Show messages: All  1-6  7-9